Update on Dick

15 years 7 months ago #21536 by Rosemary
Replied by Rosemary on topic Update on Dick
All I know to say is to "Hang in there", Julie. I hope that you are getting SOME rest. I didn't see that word included in the list of things that you have been doing.

Please take care of yourself. Dick is lucky to have you.

Your friend,
Rosemary

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 7 months ago #21535 by Julie
Update on Dick was created by Julie
Dick had a x-ray and CT scan last week. The pulmonologist phoned Saturday morning to discuss the results. It did look like there might be some pneumonia so started him on oral antibiotic Saturday. The tumor in his lung has grown and now the lymph nodes in his chest are involved. The Doctor will coordinate with the oncologists. About the only thing we could think of is radiation so she will talk to the radiation oncologist first. I don't know if Dick could have more radiation but the target would be the nodes and not the ribs.

Yesterday Dick started off pretty good but soon was not able to do anything but hunch over. He complained of new pain in his chest. I had the ambulance take him to the ER last night and they admitted him for pneumonia. I got home about 5:30 this morning. I have taken care of all the phone calls and chores here and now I am off to do one errand for Dick and then go to the hospital.

The lift for the minivan will be installed tomorrow. The ramp still has to be approved by the park owner. I hope it will all come together so that it will be done before Dick is discharged. He sounded pretty good on the phone this morning but he said he had a major asthma attack just trying to get up to void.

We talked yesterday and Dick said he wants to live until at least New Years. So we will keep on treating as many symptoms as we can. If there are errors or wrong words or words left out it is because I'm stressed.

Julie

Volunteer Coordinator
ABLSC

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne