Tears Today

15 years 8 months ago #20536 by bobmac2
Replied by bobmac2 on topic Tears Today
I'm so sorry. I know this time will come for my Bob as well & I hope we are as strong as you. My thoughts are with you.
Lorrie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 8 months ago #20533 by momof4
Replied by momof4 on topic Tears Today
(((((Julie))))),

Oh Sweetheart...I am here for you! If you want to talk call me....

CANCER SUCKS!!!!!!

Your friend,
Karen

Caregiver for my Wonderful Husband Angelo, who has Metastatic Bladder Cancer.

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

15 years 8 months ago #20532 by mrscarpediem
Replied by mrscarpediem on topic Tears Today
Be brave...

And invest heavily in tissues.

It's not the best piece of comfort advice but I think its adorable he's sitting with his new iPhone for his timeout and you are writing on a community board. Sounds like my husband, Jake, and I.

I'll pray for your strength as you wrestle with this news. It helped my bonusmom and I to make her "final lists" for all things (including packing instructions for trips to the beach, perfect things for every pantry and, well, and thank you notes and instructions for all persons and things she loved - including peanut butter).

She was a list maker though and it sounds like Dick has his own characteristics which is why you love him so much. The lists helped us feel we were doing something in the face of having little to do but hold on to each other.

Deep breaths. And never cross everything off your list as completed - there's always a new item to add to it...that, for me at least, includes medical and spiritual miracles :)

big hugs,
Whitney

15 years 8 months ago #20527 by Julie
Tears Today was created by Julie
We met with Dick's oncologist this morning. We discussed what kind of care Dick needs now. Primary is pain management. The Doctor also said that Dick's lack of appetite is because of the cancer. Because of Dick's bone marrow disorder (MDS) he cannot have chemo and he is can't participate in any clinical trials because he has two cancers. He then said we could look at Hospice. I asked if Dick met the criteria and the Dr. said that "yes, Dick meets the criteria."

Dick said he wants to meet with them as soon as possible. We knew this day would come but it was still a surprise. I have been crying on and off since the appointment. We also went by AT & T and I bought Dick and iPhone for his birthday. He is having fun playing with it now. Now if I can just get him to eat a little.
Julie

Volunteer Coordinator
ABLSC

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne