Update on...well... me

15 years 9 months ago #19410 by Zachary
Replied by Zachary on topic Update on...well... me
Julie wrote:
Earlier this month they were 1. Last week they were in the 3+ range. Because of the numbers I couldn't have any contrast, but they could clearly see that not only were my ureters closing off, I also had a raging blood infection (I'm on leavquin now) that got the numbers so high. After my 14-day course of antibiotics is complete we'll evaluate the numbers and then proceed with chemo.

"Standing on my Head"---my chemo journal
T3a Grade 4 N+M0
RC at USC/Norris June 23, 2006 by Dr. John Stein

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 9 months ago #19403 by Leigh
Replied by Leigh on topic Update on...well... me
Dear Zach,

I just wanted to say that I am thinking of you during this time.

When I first visited the web café you offered me caring words of comfort and support and I thank you so much for that.

I wish you all the very best with your treatment in the coming weeks and months.

Your web log Standing On My Head was a huge inspiration for me and gave me the boost and confidence needed to get through my own treatment path.

Your forum friends are here and routing for you……

Leigh

Leigh, 39
Dx July 2007
TURBT July 2007
RC/Neobladder ,Studer Pouch, September 2007
Erasmus Centrum Rotterdam
TNM Classification: pT4 N2 Mo
4 cycles aduvant chemo Gemzar & Cisplatinum

15 years 9 months ago #19401 by Flamenco.
Replied by Flamenco. on topic Update on...well... me
Hi Zach anc Heidi,
Iwas really sad to hear about the problems that have developed with you. Have been hanging back a bit, really hoping that you would have some better news soon, but mainly because I found it difficult to believe that you could be dealt such a blow after all the help and support you have given to others. Just wanted to let you know I am thinking of you ,
Love Flamenco

15 years 9 months ago #19400 by shragae
Replied by shragae on topic Update on...well... me
Zach --

I'm new here, but can already see that this is a community of support, love and caring. I'm really sorry to hear your news -- modern medicine is amazing so keep on fighting. I wish I knew what more to say, but I'm sure you know that there are a lot of people praying and pulling for you.

15 years 9 months ago #19399 by Julie
Replied by Julie on topic Update on...well... me
Zach how bad are your kidney numbers? The last time Dick was in the hospital his number shot up and they called in the nephrologists who decided that it was because IV contrast was used for the CT scan. They took him off his diuretic for a couple of days and the numbers came down. He does have renal insufficiency due to diabetes and his creatinine levels fluctuate so we try and protect them as much as we can. Low salt and low protein diet which is not much of a problem now with no appetite. I think there are ways of protecting the kidneys when they do chemo. Julie

Volunteer Coordinator
ABLSC

15 years 9 months ago #19350 by Gene Beane
Replied by Gene Beane on topic Update on...well... me
Zachary,
Nice to hear from you, but sorry to hear you can eat anything you want but really don't have an apetite, this whole thing is very disturbing, of course our prayer chain continues from around the world, we have hope it will help, one never knows, its our way of showing you how much we all care,
Gene and Ginger Beane

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne