Where we are...Raw Emotions

16 years 1 month ago #15098 by cheryls
Replied by cheryls on topic Where we are...Raw Emotions
Karen,
Iam so very sorry for everything you are going through, and your loving family! I know just how horrible it feels to see the one you love leaving you in front of your very eyes! I broke down everyday and from what you wrote I can see that you are very strong! I know that you are longing for that bear hug from your husband but try to enjoy what you still have, one saying that gets me through day to day is: love is like the wind, you cant see it... but you can feel it! I know he may not be able to physically give you that hug but deep down I now you can feel it! You and your family are in my thoughts! Iam praying for you! Cheryl

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 1 month ago #15094 by Maria
Replied by Maria on topic Where we are...Raw Emotions
Karen, what can I say (((((((((((((hugs to you)))))))))) I cried when I read your post. You should not be going through this alone, where is the support from the hospital? I only wish I could do or say something to help you. You have been incredibly supportive to others on this forum, despite coping with severe difficulties and challenges you face on a daily basis. It must be extremely hard for you and your children. You certainly are dealing with so much stress and distress to be emotionally raw is not surprising under the circumstances.
It is good and healthy for you and your husband to talk about the future. I hope this new medication helps.
As you mentioned your husband wants to see family but you are anxious about germs, can you ask the hospital for some masks to try and minimize this?

You are all in my thoughts and prayers and please let me know if in any way I can do anything to help.
Much love to you all Maria xxxxx

16 years 1 month ago #15091 by momof4
Where we are...Raw Emotions was created by momof4
It has been awhile since I posted anything regarding our family's journey. I have been reading posts daily and responding here and there, but I haven't really addressed our news or lack there of. I have been extremely depressed over the last week. Hysterically crying, taking a drive just to scream! My husband has been incredibly calm during this breakdown...I guess he feels like it is my turn. We have always been really good at this actually...so it is not surprising that even at this point we are still working on the 80/20 relationship...even if it is just emotionally...I have been giving 110%, sometimes it feels like 200%, I think over the last few months I have been running on reserves, over the past week or so everything just crashed! I wasn't in denial about the fact that my husband is going to die, I guess I was just in hyper speed thinking that I could outrun it somehow.

Everyday I see a change, it takes longer for him to sit up, to stand up...he is very weak...everything hurts so even the joy of snuggling close can actually cause pain...this I think is the cruelest part about the cancer that has now invaded his bones...I want to hold him so badly, and I ache for one of his bear hugs...those days I am afraid are gone forever. This man who could do anything, I mean anything, is slowly losing his ability to do even the simplest tasks.

We talk about everything...I think this is a gift even in the midst of this terrible disease...there is no topic off limits...I know that this is rare...most people don't want to discuss death...we learn very young that death is scary...I urge all caregivers and family members to talk to their loved ones...tell them your fears of life without them, how much you are going to miss them, how you are scared & lonely. They will open up to you as well. It is a hard topic...but don't miss the opportunity to really open up an feel...I will warn you that once the floodgates are open it is hard to close them...but it is freeing as well...Who better to talk to about what is happening then the loved one? Say everything, anything...but don't ask how they are feeling...they feel like shit! They are dying...but they don't know when or how it is going to happen...try your best to comfort them, with love, words, and support...but don't act like nothing is wrong...Cancer can be a very lonely disease...friends and family don't know how to cope some even opt out of the mix...TALK ! This is my best advise...

This journey is heart wrenching, agonizing, exhausting...It feels like life is on hold...we are just waiting for the next bomb to drop...what will be the next thing we lose? For now my husband is in good spirits, eats well, sleeps a lot, is in constant pain. Is still continent, and has his wonderful sense of humor! We don't go anywhere, it hurts too much to walk, and sitting in a wheelchair is too painful, so we try to make the best out of being home bound. I don't know what tomorrow is going to bring...I hate the clock these days, and the calender, well I don't look further than a day or two in the future...I do feel that we have been robbed of so many precious years together, and that my children have definitely been robbed of the most awesome father. I don't know if my little guy will even remember his father not being so sick, and in bed...that is a hard one for me too.

We do plan on getting the injection of Quadramet, we have so many family members coming into town, he doesn't want to risk the chance of any germs while his immune system is compromised. I wish they would wait to come...but he wants to see them so we will wait until a little later in the month. I am hopeful that it will give some relief...and that the side effects are minimal.

So that is where we are now...Just sad...I don't know what else to say...

I pray for us all everyday...I hope you will keep our family in yours,
Karen

Caregiver for my Wonderful Husband Angelo, who has Metastatic Bladder Cancer.

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne