Xeloda & Meridian Medical group

16 years 2 months ago #13990 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Xeloda & Meridian Medical group
Xeloda has had some good results with colon and breast cancer......I've also heard a lot about Avastin. Sometimes i'm reading about drugs that are targeted for other cancers being used for bladder cancer and it seems like maybe they're on to something but it seems rather hit and miss right now. In Japan they found the drug Irinotecan a drug for colon cancer worked on a Urachal cancer and eliminated it...thats a first.( content.karger.com/ProdukteDB/produkte.asp?Doi=91635)
I would think Memorial would be current in medical trials and i'd sure give it a shot.
Here's a link to Meridian in NYC...i don't know???www.meridianmedical.org/team.html
You'll have to make up your own mind on that...i think they could probably help with palliative care? I don't know what i'd do...i guess if the conventional docs gave up on me i would consider it.
I certainly wish you and your mother the best.....Pat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 2 months ago #13984 by Bronkmommy
Xeloda & Meridian Medical group was created by Bronkmommy
Good Morning everyone. I am new to the group. My Mother Judy had been involved in your comunity sometime ago. Thankfully she has been well for about 18 months but now has had a serious recurrence of her bladder cancer. She had her bladder removed in Nov 05 had mets on liver and bone the following spring. They resolved last summer but now we are dealing with a 17 centimeter tumor on her liver that is not responding to carbo/gem. She is also having a very hard time with platelet counts due to radiation to the bone.

We live outside NYC so she had her surgery at sloan. The local doctors tried to get her into a trial at Sloan but she was rejected. The Dr at Sloan suggested Xeloda. I have seen some mention of it in your past postings but no mention of any kind of results that may or may not have been received from it. I also found mention of Meridian Medical Group in NYC but again with no results. I am wondering if anyone has tried this group for it's combination of East meets West medicine with any kind of positive result....

Any other thoughts or avenues you think we should try? We are up against the clock here and have to make rapid decisions...

Thank you all and you are all in my prayers.

Jane & Crew

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne