Update on Husbands Condition Re: Kidney Function

16 years 2 months ago #13282 by Julie
We know the feeling. Right now Dick is as healthy as he has been for a couple of years except for the metastatic bladder cancer. We have no idea why his creatinine is normal when it was running 1.6 or higher for several years.
What is Zometa and what is it for?
Heres hoping the chemo does the job.
Julie

Volunteer Coordinator
ABLSC

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 2 months ago #13272 by Gene Beane
Replied by Gene Beane on topic Update on Husbands Condition Re: Kidney Function
Hey Karen,,,, The miracle finally arrives!! In some ways it is a miracle although still a tough situation, In any case I hope he feels well for a long time!!!
Ginger

16 years 2 months ago #13270 by aimeth
Karen,

I am happy that your husband is doing well. It is certainly a good feeling when you get good news even though there is still the "other" issues. I hope this is a good window for you guys to do some life enjoyments!

Does his doctors think that Taxol will do something to the cancer? Our oncologist wants to start my husband on Taxol as well. But I guess she is waiting for him to feel better. He seems very ill to me so I don't know if we will get to that soon. We are going to see her this week so we'll see.

Aimeth

16 years 2 months ago #13264 by mznoregrets
Replied by mznoregrets on topic Update on Husbands Condition Re: Kidney Function
Karen,

I am so glad you guys have a reprieve and some laughter :) You are always in my prayers, and please keep posting what you find in clinical trials.
God Bless, Holly

16 years 2 months ago #13263 by Zachary
That is pretty amazing and wonderful news, Karen!

Zach

"Standing on my Head"---my chemo journal
T3a Grade 4 N+M0
RC at USC/Norris June 23, 2006 by Dr. John Stein

16 years 2 months ago #13262 by momof4
Hello All,

It has been a roller coaster ride of emotions since my husbands blood work in late Dec. It suggested that he was not eligible for more treatments due to his creatine levels (kidney function numbers) being elevated. The Dr. was not convinced they would come back down, so we were seeking alternative options including but not limited to Clinical Trials.

Well I am happy to report that his blood work and urinalysis came back this week, and he is in perfect health....

His whole metabolic profile was normal!

Other than the fact that he has Metastatic Bladder Cancer...he is just fine...

How weird is that?

My husband has been laughing all morning because he has NEVER had his blood work (even prior to cancer) come back perfect...Now that he is essentially dying...his blood work is normal??

There has always been something to address whether it be cholesterol, blood pressure,
Blood sugar, Triglycerides etc...

So we are back on the treatment bandwagon.

He will start "Zometa" on Valentines Day...he has to have all dental work completed prior to starting this drug...

He will also be starting a new regiment of Chemo including Taxol. They are still trying to decide on the Combination to make sure it will be a low enough dose as to not effect his kidneys too much...

We are obviously very pleased with the news, and actually excited to be eligible to get Chemo again, as strange as that seems...

I will update again when I have more information to share...

.·:*¨¨*:·.Karen.·:*¨¨*:·.

Caregiver for my Wonderful Husband Angelo, who has Metastatic Bladder Cancer.

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne