Adjuvant Chemotherapy

16 years 3 months ago #12476 by Leigh
Replied by Leigh on topic Adjuvant Chemotherapy
Dear Ginger,

Thank you very much....I hope so too.

I hope your husband Gene is doing well and you are taking good care of yourself also.

Bye bye
Leigh

Leigh, 39
Dx July 2007
TURBT July 2007
RC/Neobladder ,Studer Pouch, September 2007
Erasmus Centrum Rotterdam
TNM Classification: pT4 N2 Mo
4 cycles aduvant chemo Gemzar & Cisplatinum

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 3 months ago #12439 by Gene Beane
Replied by Gene Beane on topic Adjuvant Chemotherapy
Leigh,
Many prayers you get through the treatment without any yucky ,crappy feelings. Everyone has different reactions so I hope yours will be swift and no complications.!!!!! Ginger

16 years 3 months ago #12425 by Leigh
Dear Karen,

Many thanks for the explanation of the MX classification.

I am not sure about the PET scan....I will query that next time I go for a check up :)

The MX: classification given on my path report had changed probably because on my last CT they found four nodes on my right lung and a cyste on my right kidney.

When I read this I just about freaked out as nothing was mentioned by my old oncologist during my appointment for the results of the scan.

During my last appointment on the 24th Dec, my new oncologist explained that the four nodes on my right lung were kalked from previous scarring and not a spread of disease. Th cyste was also harmless and did not present a danger to my health.

The next steps for me now are to see the chemo nurse this Friday to get information on the precedures and side effects. The following week starting the 14th I will start the treatment.

Happy New Year everyone.

Leigh

Leigh, 39
Dx July 2007
TURBT July 2007

16 years 4 months ago #11925 by momof4
Replied by momof4 on topic Adjuvant Chemotherapy
Leigh,

Here is a staging chart, It looks like the "MX" means distant spread cannot be evaluated. Is there a facility there where you can get a PET scan? It is very acurate at detecting cancer...even the "micro mets" which are very tiny spots...

hope it helps:

TNM Staging Guide
T = Tumor
TX: Tumor cannot be evaluated
T0: No evidence of an original tumor
Tis: Cancer is "in situ," or, has not spread
T1-T4: Describe tumor size and status of spreading
N = Nodes
NX: Nearby lymph nodes cannot be evaluated
NO: The cancer has not spread to lymph nodes
N1-N3: Status of cancer spreading into lymph nodes
M = Metastasis
MX: Distant spread cannot be evaluated
MO: No evidence of distant spreading
M1: Distant spreading has been found

Karen

Caregiver for my Wonderful Husband Angelo, who has Metastatic Bladder Cancer.

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

16 years 4 months ago #11917 by Leigh
Dear Forum,

I collected the documents required for my new oncologist the other day which included the CT scan report, path report and description of RC procedure.

My old oncologist Dr vd Gaast from Erasmus Centrum Rotterdam said that he had spoken with the department team regarding my case and they all agreed that adjuvant chemo was not necessary.

They wanted to offer a CT scan every 3 months until they could see a spread of cancer. At this point I would be offered a chemo regime.....sounds like madness to me!!

Once again the trial was offered which again I declined and explained that since our last appoitment I had arranged for another oncologist in Belgium whom did offer chemo as an adjuvant treatment. I then requested the paperwork necessary and left his office with my head held high.

Once home I read all the documents and it was pretty difficult to understand the medical terms used. I will get my new oncologist to explain a few things for me :)One thing that stood out for me was my grading below.

(TNM Classification: pT4N2Mx ).... Question? anyone know what Mx means?

My next appointment with my new oncologist will be the 24th December to confirm the chemo regimes first appointment and to get new blood work.

I wish for everyone peace, comfort and joy this holiday season.

Merry Christmas
Leigh

Leigh, 39
Dx July 2007
TURBT July 2007

16 years 4 months ago #11851 by keithli
Replied by keithli on topic Adjuvant Chemotherapy
Leigh

I really feel so happy for you, thought we just knew each other through this forum but actually I regard you as my good friend and I hope you will success in the coming chemo. Try to enjoy the coming xmas and prepare yourself for the challenge. Belive yourslef and you will get it!

Good luck!
Keith

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne