UTI is MRSA

16 years 5 months ago #10300 by momof4
Replied by momof4 on topic UTI is MRSA
Hi again Julie,

Did they tell you how contagious that strain of bacteria is? You better get of Lysol. They had a strain of that bacteria in my daughters high school last year, it was traced back to a teacher that was recently hospitalized. The whole class was put on Pristinamycin. It is one of the only antibiotics that really work on it. I don't know about Bactrim, but I would ask about Pristinamycin. If he was hospitalized recently he probably got it there. It is a form of staff infection but it is Very resistant to alot of antibiotics.

Caregiver for my Wonderful Husband Angelo, who has Metastatic Bladder Cancer.

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 5 months ago #10299 by momof4
Replied by momof4 on topic UTI is MRSA
Hi Julie,

Can you call the Dr. and ask if he can take motrin (ibuprophen)? It is better than tylenol for fever reducing.

Don't be afraid to call them. There is always a service and someone will call you back fairly quickly.

Good Thoughts,
Karen

Caregiver for my Wonderful Husband Angelo, who has Metastatic Bladder Cancer.

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

16 years 5 months ago #10292 by Julie
UTI is MRSA was created by Julie
We heard late afternoon yesterday that Dick's UTI culture showed that the bacteria is MRSA so they changed the antibiotic to Bactrim which is supposed to work. Today he is running a low grade fever that doesn't respond very much to Tylenol. I sure hope that it responds soon to the antibiotic. If he doesn't get better they have to put him on IV antibiotics in the hospital. I don't want anything to interfere with him starting chemo. We meet the urological oncologist Thursday.

Volunteer Coordinator
ABLSC

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne