Penile Implant

16 years 4 months ago #11343 by gholmes1936
Replied by gholmes1936 on topic Penile Implant
The diagram and info that I got from my Uro wasn't what I just got from the AMS company in San Antonio-where my implant came from. Also the saleswoman from AMS has to accompany the implant and oversee it's implantation.

We were told to press on the ends of the two square feeling pieces of the implant in the scrotum. It (diagram) also indicated that the pump was in the upright position in relation to the body. As I feel the implant the squeeze bulb is at the bottom and the piping is in the top center. So what really works for me is to know that the squeeze bulb is at the bottom center. The pressure release button is in the top portion in the center of the pieces not on the ends of the square pieces.

I will try scanning the documents later and see if they are worth sending in for all interested parties to be able to view.

My wife must have accidently happened on the correct spot to effect the release the other day. Haven't tried it out again since she dislocated her shoulder late Monday night ans we spent all night in the emergency room and recovering from it since.

George Holmes
Austin, Tx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 4 months ago #11236 by gholmes1936
My wife thought of that, put a warm wet washcloth on the equipment and then she "found" the spot better than I had and it did go down. What a relief after 5 hours. :o

George Holmes
Austin, Tx

16 years 4 months ago #11229 by Zachary
Replied by Zachary on topic Penile Implant
George, the tubes will always be a bit hard. Firm is a better description. The pain will subside, I promise.

If you have the same model I do, you can help deflating yourself by holding the little release buttons on the side and gently... well... how shall I put this... think of very carefully and slowly milking a cow.

The best advice I have is to try it in a hot tub/jacuzzi with the jets turned off. Or a warm bath. That way you can really get a good tactile feeling for what's going on down there.

"Standing on my Head"---my chemo journal
T3a Grade 4 N+M0
RC at USC/Norris June 23, 2006 by Dr. John Stein

16 years 4 months ago #11223 by gholmes1936
Not sure if I know how to operate this contraption! Having read the illustrated instructions and had a session with my Uro, plus being very mechanically inclined I would have thought that I would do okay operating this thing. However I am beginning to wonder if I haven't been walking around with an erection for awhile. It is hard on the sides and hurts.

There are two places that feel mostly square and the pump portion is located between them. One is supposed to squeeze the ends of the square piece and the implant should deflate.

Doesn't feel like it is happening. Couldn't get to my Uro as I was out of town/state for my brother-in-laws funeral in Minnesota.

One good thing came of that trip tho, I had "Moose Drool" beer for the first time. ;D

George Holmes
Austin, Tx

16 years 5 months ago #10675 by gholmes1936
Tomorrow I get to learn how to operate the thing and see if it tears me up or pumps me up. :o

George Holmes
Austin, Tx

16 years 5 months ago #10661 by Zachary
Replied by Zachary on topic Penile Implant

At my one-year follow-up I ran into the IPP surgeon and told him that I thought there might still be a little room down there if he had any other mechanical devices for me to try.... ;D

"Standing on my Head"---my chemo journal
T3a Grade 4 N+M0
RC at USC/Norris June 23, 2006 by Dr. John Stein

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne