bladder cancer and the option i have chosen

16 years 5 months ago #9886 by joeburg55
Replied by joeburg55 on topic bladder cancer and the option i have chosen
Hi Ginger, Nice to hear from you again, well, i went for my first scope on Oct 10th, no sign of cancer, bladder a little inflamed from the radiation, otherwise cool beans. The 2nd of Nov 07, went to see the Ono, for xrays of chest and lower back, No signs of any cancer spread, so again cool beans. The only downside was my bottom of my feet became numb, The doc says it is a side effect of cisplatin and should go away, they are starting to feel better. Well now its another waite till Feb for another follow up, The real great thing that has happened is i have quit Cigaretts from March 7th,07. Keep in mind i smoked for 35 years. Just did it, so now i have alot of energy, but numb feet, go figure LOL
Further updates to follow,
keep the faith
Joe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 5 months ago #9738 by Gene Beane
Replied by Gene Beane on topic bladder cancer and the option i have chosen
Joe,
Great news for you, stage 3 T-2 muscle invasive is what my husband had as well, he had his bladder out Sept.14, he is well on the road to recovery and doing fine with the outside bag. I applaud your strength to make an alternative decision, how did you do with the treatments, side effects etc., and no sign of cancer after a turb, correct? How much time before more tests and treatments? Ginger

16 years 5 months ago #9698 by joeburg55
Hi Alice, Its been a while but just checking to see how you have made out, Me had my first 3 month checkup, all is well.Im hoping that the fianle desision you had made on how to treat BC worked out well for ya. Keep in touch
JOEBURG55

16 years 9 months ago #6552 by Alice L.
Replied by Alice L. on topic bladder cancer and the option i have chosen
Joe, My most sincere Congratulations to you! I really am so happy for you and your family.

Well, I guess if you can beat it and save your bladder, then I can too, right ;D

Again, Congratulations and thank you for being such a Positive influence to so many others here.

Alice

16 years 9 months ago #6545 by joeburg55
Just an update, Well i have completed my last Chemo and 15 sets of rads, Went for a biopsy, they took two plugs from the area and 3 from other areas , all came back THE BIG NEG!Cool Beans. But of course i know that i am not out of the woods, it will be alot of scopes and im sure some backward steps for alot of years. But otherwise, the Big C can Kiss my Derry air for Now ;D, LOL. feel free to contact me if you have any ?? reguarding my treatment. Thanks for you comments
Joeburg55

16 years 10 months ago #5768 by D61
Pat on the back here as well Joe...great attitude.

I'm pretty much the newbie on the block today so don't have anything to share as yet...just liked your comments and wanted to say hello and wish you the best.

I too may be having a doctor issue, too soon to tell. But you guys are opening my eyes...

Sex is still very important in our home too...and at 61 I not ready to give it up...

BTW, we are a three puppy house also...they can certainly help keep our minds focused right... ;)

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne