Finally taking a break

12 years 5 months ago #40121 by mmc
Replied by mmc on topic Finally taking a break
Dana,

Long time no see. Thanks for the update. Sounds like great news for the most part.

I haven't had the problem you mentioned or heard of others so there isn't anything I can offer on that front.

I just wanted to post to say hello again and mention that I am very happy to hear that they've gotten all of the cancer. Although the treatment needed to be very aggressive, it sure sounds like it was the right thing to do!

Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 5 months ago #40114 by Flamenco.
Replied by Flamenco. on topic Finally taking a break
Hi Dana, So pleased to see you back, and with good news on your husband·s results. i am sure some of the others with neos will reply soon to questions on the problems your husband is having, but just wanted to say welcome back in the meantime.
Diane

12 years 5 months ago #40113 by Dana
Finally taking a break was created by Dana
Hi everyone, haven't been on the site for so long, I should have as many people have helped me here but I have just had no time.
Most of the regulars know my problem, my husband had a neo bladder as well as his prostate removed, (had bladder and prostate cancer) then he was found to have lymph node positive.
He finished his 6 rounds of radical and exhausting chemo a month ago. We finished all our tests last week (cytology tests, scans and x-rays) he has no cancer, the doctor said it was the best we could hope for. I know cancer can't be cured but the doctor said it looks like my husband's will be.
He is having some problems though with his neo-bladder (like the cancer and chemo weren't enough), he has a lot of mucus and I think his neo-bladder nearly became blocked, the doctor was afraid of damaging his kidneys and he has had 3 minor surgerys so far where they put in something like a fine tube (a pigtail he calls it), he is having it changed again in 6 months.
Has anyone else had this problem?
Thank you again everybody with their prayers, they seemd to have helped.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne