May stop all BCG\'s.

14 years 6 months ago #27999 by Bill Jr
May stop all BCG\'s. was created by Bill Jr
:S I guess I am one of the pathetic few who have horrific side effects with BCG-treatments. I have had the 1st 6, then the 1st 3 maintenance treatments, for a total of 9. Number 7 was at the point of unbearable (pain and bleeding {clots the size of quarters}). Number 8, they went to a 1/3-dose. The only improvement was no clots, same pain/bleeding. Number 9, the prostate was so irritated that they like to never got the catheter thru the prostate (the cath wanted to collapse on itself). So, when they finally got the cath thru the prostate, the pain was so great, I thought I was going to pass out.

I called the Uro-office 4-times since May 09 (TUR) due to Pain/bleeding (they only returned 1 of the 4 calls). I have already had one world-class prostate-infection. This morning (10-days since BCG #9) I woke up to pain and frequency. I do not know if it is a bladder or prostate infection or WHAT? I would call the Uro, but I know they will not return the call. OH! All Uro’s in town are in the same GROUP, which is now owned by the Corp which owns both Hospitals in town.

I have another Cysto the first week of Nov.

At this point I am having a difficult time deciding if I will continue any maintenance BCG-treatments in Jan 2010! I will however, continue all Cysto’s.

Turbt (May 09)
T1 High grade
Began BCG June 09 (every 3-mo for next 2-yrs)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne