Starting chemo today.

16 years 6 months ago #9718 by mikeg
Replied by mikeg on topic Starting chemo today.
hi stephany. my husband finished his 3rd round of chemo on oct. 22nd. he did not lose any hair, surprisingly. he was very wiped out each cycle during the cisplatin week. otherwise he went to work, played his sports, etc. each cycle, however, made him feel more tired, so by the end he was pretty wiped. so he napped when he needed to, and went in a little later to work and left a little earlier. his stomach hurt him the entire time. tell your husband to try to save his energy for the things he really wants to do and not waste it on stuff he doesn't care about.

my husband's RC is nov. 5th. i am expecting the pathology report to come back sometime around nov. 13th. i will let you know if the chemo worked. he had 10+ tumors, T-2, T-3.

eileen

Michael
Age 58
Stage T2-T3, muscle invasive
Married to Eileen
2 sons, ages 20 and 23

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 6 months ago #9714 by justme
Replied by justme on topic Starting chemo today.
Stephany, is this chemo before your husbands surgery or is this his treatment after or is it just plain his treatment.

My husband's chemo is a before surgery treatment. He seems to be doing ok today, right now he's walking the treadmill! Tomorrow is the the big one so hopefully he'll do as well.

I stayed with him the whole time today but tomorrow I might take a break as it's at least 5 hours, we'll see how it goes.

thanks for the support.
justme,pat

16 years 6 months ago #9707 by Stephany
Replied by Stephany on topic Starting chemo today.
Hey, justme! My husband just finished his first round of chemo, and this is his first week off. He goes back next week to start the second round. One doc told him he would loose his hair day 14, and the other doc said he wouldn't. He hasn't yet.

One doc told him he'd be a little wiped out, and the other doc disagreed. He's been a little wiped out, but not necessarily from the chemo.

So, hang in there. Let us know what's going on.

Stephany in Iowa

16 years 6 months ago #9687 by Gene Beane
Replied by Gene Beane on topic Starting chemo today.
Hang in there Pat, I am sure your doing your best, the road may get bumpy so turn to those who care and ask for help when you need it. Good luck and God Bless Ginger

16 years 6 months ago #9680 by wendy
Replied by wendy on topic Starting chemo today.
Hi Just-You,

I wish your husband an easy time of it. He's lucky to have you out here learning what you can in advance, it helps, be sure of it. Despite a wide range of diagnoses, stage and types of bladder cancer represented here on the forum, there are still many things we all have in common. Like being human and needing someone to help take a load off sometimes.

Take care,
Wendy

16 years 6 months ago #9674 by justme
Starting chemo today. was created by justme
My husband starts his chemo today. He has one today and then the big one tomorrow.
Then two weeks of just the small one and then one week off. This will go on for 3 or 4 rounds. Praying the meds will keep him from getting sick. He will lose his hair they tell him which I'm sure will be tramatic no matter how much one prepares for that.

I'm trying to be a good caregiver and taking it one day at a time and this week one app't at a time while still trying to take care of myself.

He is 71 and in relatively good health so I have faith that he will get through this just find it's the journey I think that might be a little bumpy.

Thanks for all the post here, they've helped alot.

justme (pat)

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne