Support Groups in Orlando, FL ????

16 years 6 months ago #9199 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Support Groups in Orlando, FL ????
MC...you might try a contact here

www.auanet.org/patients/

Pat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 6 months ago #9185 by Melodie
Replied by Melodie on topic Support Groups in Orlando, FL ????
MC - Welcome to the forum ! :) I am sorry to say that I am not able to help you with the questions you have asked ??? but hang in there...I'm sure someone on this forum will soon respond and try to point you in the right direction. We, who have had RC's (and supporting family members), are here to help and encourage you in any way we can. When I initially realizd I needed an RC back in March, I felt completely alone until finding this site...it has been a real blessing for me and I hope it to be the same for you. Wishing you the best. Melodie

Melodie, Indy Pouch, U.W.Medical Center, Seattle, Dr. Paul H. Lange & Jonathan L. Wright

16 years 6 months ago #9169 by Mc
After two years of resections (4 total) and two series of BCG treatments, firing my initial urologist and now having one that I am pleased with, I am at the juncture of a radical cystectomy. I am scheduled to have this operation at the VA Hospital in Tampa, FL. I am feeling quite desperate as I have no one to talk to inasmuch as the choice I must make regarding a neobladder or a Florida Pouch (that's what they call it here, I guess they give it a tan while they're in there.)

If anyone has information regarding support groups in my area, please respond. I have contacted the Nat'l Cancer Society and they have forwarded my email to a local hospital. I have made calls to the local hospital and no results as yet. It would help to have someone to speak with.

I appreciate having this forum available, thank you.

Carpenter-Vietnam Vet-Father of 4 boys

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne