After chemo/presurgery questions

16 years 6 months ago #8913 by mznoregrets
Replied by mznoregrets on topic After chemo/presurgery questions
Hi Marcus,

Sorry to meet you here. You didn't say if you were being treated at a major cancer center or how much experience your dr has doing diversions. Both are very important. I also wondered what has been done to determine the stage - scans, etc. Some drs do the chemo 1st - like Joe and Melodie. My dr did the rc/neobladder then the 4 months of chemo. What is important is to do what you are doing - getting answers and getting treated. If you click the HOME tab above it should take you to many pages on bladder cancer, treatments and help pages.
There are really great people here who are sincere and helpful - we get each other thru it :) God Bless, Holly

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 6 months ago #8901 by Mike
Replied by Mike on topic After chemo/presurgery questions
Marcus at this point I go for the surgery. Was this the diagnosis before your chemo and if not did they do a Ct Scan after this chemo. I also had the chemo b4 the surgery and then it was 2 months to the T that I had my surgery I was a T2 G3. As I said you didn't make it clear whether the chemo was b4 or after the dx. But being a stage IV I would want to get the surgery and get that cancer out before it goes any further. Good Luck, Joe

16 years 6 months ago #8900 by Marcus
After chemo/presurgery questions was created by Marcus
hi, i'm marcus, 58 year old male, diagonsed with stage 4 bladder, outside the bladder in some fat tissue. not a great situation, but it could be worse? so if you can tell me what you know about bladder cancer. currently, i am scheduled for bladder removal in two weeks. i finished pre-op chemo 8 weeks ago and was told 2-4 weeks after chemo is prime time for the operation. starting to feel abdomen pain again, and also night sweats. does this indicate new cancer spread? should i go with the surgery in two weeks or do more chemo and then follow more directly with the operation? any info would be most appreciated. thanks, marcus

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne