Claires Battles Over

16 years 6 months ago #8855 by mznoregrets
Replied by mznoregrets on topic Claires Battles Over
Dear Steve,

I am so sorry to hear the news of Claires passing. She befriended me from my first post back in February of this year. We were similar in age and stage and she offered her support, prayers and experience to me - as if we had been friends forever. Always the optimist - sometimes I thought I could even hear giggles in her posts. She spoke frequently of how much she loved you and the children and came across as a "Proverbs 31" woman to me. I have benefitted from knowing her and I will miss her dearly.
My condolances and prayers to you and yours. God Bless, Holly

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 6 months ago #8854 by wendy
Replied by wendy on topic Claires Battles Over
Dear Steve,

I can't believe it...losing someone so young, so courageous and with so much to give. It's a tragedy.

I'm truly shocked and heartbroken. I was looking forward to continuing a long friendship with Claire. Like others here, I will miss her; she will be remembered by all the people she's touched. Her story remains on this site.

My deepest condolences to you and your family.
Wendy

16 years 6 months ago #8853 by timb
Replied by timb on topic Claires Battles Over
Steve and Family

Claire was a huge support for people here and will be massively missed. Its a shock that someone who projected such warmth and positivity even on this text board here is gone. I think I only had a couple of exchanges with Claire in the last year I've seen her here, but read many of the the supportive posts she wrote to other people. It's a testament to her committment here that even in the midst of what must be a heartbreaking time, you've stepped into her shoes here and kept us informed of what has been going on. I'll miss her here as a fellow brit, BC survivor and human being. It's absoloutely obvious to anyone reading her posts, and I just re-read them via Zachary's link, how brave and dignified she was through her illness. It's also clear how much good humour she faced it with and the delight she took in the simple pleasures of life like a nice day. It's awful news.

Lots of love to you all

Tim

16 years 6 months ago #8852 by flamenco
Replied by flamenco on topic Claires Battles Over
Steve and family, I am so sorry to hear of your loss, Claire has been a real inspiration to me and to all of us,Thinking of you all,
Kindest Regards

16 years 6 months ago #8851 by marigold
Replied by marigold on topic Claires Battles Over
I was so very sorry to hear about Claire. She was such a trooper and inspiration on this board. I shall miss her very much.

16 years 6 months ago #8845 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Claires Battles Over
Steve, Lizzie, Lottie and Archie,
I am so truly sorry for your loss. Claire was such an inspiration. She went through more than most of us have and then she came back to give back and share her hope and meaningful support.
I know she will remain in your hearts forever and she will certainly remain in mine.
Pat

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne