Howdy All- Sorry I did not post sooner

16 years 9 months ago #6853 by Alice L.
Replied by Alice L. on topic Howdy All- Sorry I did not post sooner
Hi Joe,

It really is so nice to have you back. I really am so happy for you that the surgery went well and that it is now behind you.

Joe, I too am a believer that all things happen for a reason even though we may not always understand it at the time. Sounds as if your situation was pretty explanatory.

Again, Congratulations, and it is good to see you up and around again, even if it is minimal for the time being.

Alice

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 9 months ago #6852 by Zachary
Replied by Zachary on topic Howdy All- Sorry I did not post sooner
Joe, I'm glad you're home safe and sound. Congratulations on a successful surgery.

Zach

"Standing on my Head"---my chemo journal
T3a Grade 4 N+M0
RC at USC/Norris June 23, 2006 by Dr. John Stein

16 years 9 months ago #6851 by Mike
I had my surgery on 6/20 and all went well. Omg I had no idea about the prep for this surgery laxatives, clear liquid diet and enemas. I started this at home on the 18th and continued on the 19th at home and then the hospital they admitted me a day early before the surgery. Damn by the time it was surgery time I was so wiped out ,weak and hungry I was ready to get the anesthesia and get on with the surgery which by the way took just about 8 hrs to complete.The only thing that did not go the way I wanted it to was the neobladder. Dr. Malkowicz spoke to me before the surgery and we discussed if there were cancer cells or lesions in my uretha what else what I want done and the Indiana Pouch was my second choice and that is what I have now and actually quite happy with it I guess things happen for a reason. Also the pathology report came back and the greatest news was to date I am cancer free as of now. Turns out doing the pre-op chemo then the surgery was a great call and one Dr. Malkowicz told me he the most success with. I know it takes 5 yrs to be considered totally cancer free but I can sure live with this news at the present time. Dr. Malkowicz is a great surgeon so when he made the call not to go with the neobladder from what he saw at the beginning of the surgery I trusted him even though now the Patholology Report came back negative for cancer cause I am a believer as I said that all things happen for a reason. Best Wishes to All, Joe

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne