Need help with a RC recovery wrinkle.

16 years 11 months ago #5620 by rentanag
Replied by rentanag on topic Need help with a RC recovery wrinkle.
Sam,

I just had another thought with regard to you mentioning that your husband "had just developed a bit of a complication", and I wanted to mention that it may have been there all along and not something new.  I happened to ask the surgeon who did my TT on one of my follow up appointments(4 months post op), "Why is my naval off center (midline)?", and he told me it was from the small area of scar tissue next to my naval that had pushed it over.  You see I'd had my gall bladder removed laprascopically in 1995 and the scar tissue had been there all this time but I never noticed it until it was responsible for pushing my naval off center.
The area near your husbands incision may have been there but perhaps the reason he didn't notice it was because of all the swelling one has after major abdominal surgery.  It takes time for all that swelling to go away, and that may be why he's only just noticed it. So after all this, I'm saying again it's probably nothing to actually worry about, but of course as always you want to have the opinion of your doctor or a doctor.

God Bless,

Lou

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 11 months ago #5619 by rentanag
Replied by rentanag on topic Need help with a RC recovery wrinkle.
Sam,

I happen to have an area near my naval that is sort of like what you describe, and the doctor who did my TT in March 06 told me it was scar tissue from previous surgeries.  Also as Patricia said it could be a hernia (incisional), but only a doctor would be able to tell you that.  On the hernia issue, it's even possible that the surgeon might not be able to say for sure wheter it is or not.  Personally I don't think it's anything to worry about, but as others have mentioned your doctor would normally have someone covering his patients while he is gone from his office.  I think you should call them back and find out that information from whomever you speak with.

Lou Graham

16 years 11 months ago #5615 by clur
Replied by clur on topic Need help with a RC recovery wrinkle.
Hi Sam
Like the others have all said its probably nothing but get it checked out.Your husbands doctor is bound to have arranged cover whilst he is away.It will ease your minds if nothing else.
Take care
Love Claire

16 years 11 months ago #5612 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Need help with a RC recovery wrinkle.
Sam..when was his last CT scan? Does he go in every 6 months? ..which if my calculations are right would have been in April of this year?....It could be a hernia...If you are really worried about it doesn't the doctor have anyone covering for him? You can always go to the emergency room.... Pat

16 years 11 months ago #5610 by Rosemary
Replied by Rosemary on topic Need help with a RC recovery wrinkle.
Sam,

I don't know anything about this, but, I know I would feel better if someone (like a doctor) would take a look at that. Wouldn't you feel better?

Rosemary

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

16 years 11 months ago #5608 by Ann_Rubin
Need help with a RC recovery wrinkle. was created by Ann_Rubin
My husband just developed a bit of a complication. Hr had a radical cystectomy in October , 2006 and completed chemo in March. He has been doing great however he recently noticed a hard spot about 1 inch in diameter along his healed incision about 2 inches above the navel. His doctor, nurse and the doctor's administrator are all out of town until next Tuesday! A resident told him not to worry as it was probably nothing. There is no changed appearance on the surface and it appears to be just beneath the skin. Has anyone had something similiar to this. I am the worrier in the family that is why I am posting the question.

Sam

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne