1st week of chemo

16 years 10 months ago #6418 by Melodie
Replied by Melodie on topic 1st week of chemo
Rosemary,

I believe Holly said she would be at Mayo on 7/5....least ways that is what stuck in my head when last we communicated. I know its like a five hour drive for her so suspect she is staying over night. We are all praying for good news. Melodie

Melodie, Indy Pouch, U.W.Medical Center, Seattle, Dr. Paul H. Lange & Jonathan L. Wright

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 10 months ago #6415 by Rosemary
Replied by Rosemary on topic 1st week of chemo
Holly,

Will you be at Mayo's over the 4th of July holiday? Just want to make sure so I can keep you in my thoughts.

Your bud,
Rosemary

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

16 years 10 months ago #6414 by mznoregrets
Replied by mznoregrets on topic 1st week of chemo
Hieveryone,

I am glad to say I finished my 3rd round of chemo today - 1 more month to go!! On Wednesday I head to Mayo's for 2 days of tests and Drs. Kind of nervous - praying for good news. I will be sure to post what they say by Saturday afternoon. My Momma is going with me so I won't be alone :)

Has anyone heards from Joe, Mike and Claire recently? If you hear from them - let them know I am praying all is going well :) All 938 of us are in my prayers, Love, Holly

PS Have a great 4th of July and fly those flags high !

16 years 10 months ago #6060 by mznoregrets
Replied by mznoregrets on topic 1st week of chemo
Hi All,

My Mom came and took me for fluids and anti puke stuff, they gave me pain stuff too - thankfully. My feet, the headache and the vomitting was just too much. Feeling a bit better now.

And Patricia, you are a sweetie. I do visualization....:) Everytime I flush I say good bye cancer cells and pray there are less and less in me as they go down the drain LOL

Hope you are feeling better too Melodie, sleep brings much needed relief too :) Love, Holly

16 years 10 months ago #6049 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic 1st week of chemo
Holly....i'm so sorry...you really don't need this. You're such an upbeat, positive person ... i suggest you tell your body to quit attacking you...maybe you should do the visualization thing...don't laugh..it works...just close your eyes and relax every body part and envision in your mind where your cancer is and mark it visually with a little yellow ball and then reach in take those darn yellow balls out!!
Its ironic but the belly button cancer was actually discovered by Sister Mary Joseph at Mayo Clinic waaay back in the l800's...She was a nun/nurse..they refer to it as the Sister Mary Joseph's Nodule. I know its usually a metastisis of the original cancer. I know nothing about the treatment but if anyone does its Mayo.
Sorry you're feeling so punk....please hang in there....we all care about you. You're a great inspiration to us all........Pat

16 years 10 months ago #6045 by Zachary
Replied by Zachary on topic 1st week of chemo
Holly, I wish I had some wonderful words of encouragement, but all I can tell you is that when it's over--and it will be over soon--you'll recover very quickly.

When my chemo was finished--and my blood numbers were so bad they didn't even bother with the last treatment--I felt better in just a short time.

Even my hair grew back pretty fast. In fact, it grew back even thicker and crazier than it was before the chemo! I comb it and it just goes in whatever direction it wants. It'll be interesting to hear how your hair turns out.

"Standing on my Head"---my chemo journal
T3a Grade 4 N+M0
RC at USC/Norris June 23, 2006 by Dr. John Stein

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne