Urine cytology after neobladder

11 years 7 months ago #43069 by CatherineH
Replied by CatherineH on topic Urine cytology after neobladder
Love the plan to move to a little farm out in the country... what an adventure that sounds like! I must confess I'm just a bit jealous, even though I'm pretty much in the countryside as well.

Just sounds better when you tell it!

Glad the report is being looked at soon.

Best wishes... Catherine

TURBT 1/21/10 at age 55
Dx: T2aN0M0 Primary Bladder Adenocarcinoma
Partial Cystectomy 2/25/10
Vanderbilt Medical Center
Nashville, TN

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 7 months ago #43068 by mmc
Replied by mmc on topic Urine cytology after neobladder
Thanks everyone! I'm fine now. I just have too many things going on at once. We are moving in a few weeks to a little farm out in the country, renting our house, planning to stay in our camper in between packers/movers/closing/unpacking/etc.

I finally got a copy of the report and it is pretty much exactly the same report I got in 2009. So...sent it to my uro and will see what he says. It looks like he can probably get them to send him the slide and we can put this to rest next week sometime.

Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

11 years 7 months ago #43065 by CatherineH
Replied by CatherineH on topic Urine cytology after neobladder
Mike... So sorry this glitch has come up. I know how stressful and contentious those contract negotiations get so this is definitely something you don't need to be worrying about.

I hope you hear from your doctor's office tomorrow and all is well. Please let us know... we want to do the anniversary dance right along with you.

Best wishes... Catherine

TURBT 1/21/10 at age 55
Dx: T2aN0M0 Primary Bladder Adenocarcinoma
Partial Cystectomy 2/25/10
Vanderbilt Medical Center
Nashville, TN

11 years 7 months ago #43060 by upnorth
Replied by upnorth on topic Urine cytology after neobladder
Mike!
Stop, Breath, and get back to work.

Its going to be something stupid, I know it.

The doctors are just to afraid of being sued if they don't cover all the bases. You are going to be fine. I will not give you permission to be sick. So put it on the back burner and carry on.

Post to us how things went, so you can prove me right.

Mark

Age 55
Diagnosed BC 12/20/2011 Ta No Mo 0a Non-Invasive At age 48
"Please don't cry because it is over..... Smile because it happened!" {Dr. Seuss} :)

11 years 7 months ago #43055 by GKLINE
Replied by GKLINE on topic Urine cytology after neobladder
Fingers Crossed Mike !

George

Light a man a fire and he is warm for an evening.
Light a man ON fire and he's warm forever.

08/08/08...RC neo bladder
09/09/09...New Hip
=
New Man! [/size]

11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #43054 by mmc
Urine cytology after neobladder was created by mmc
So all I am supposed to do this year is my urine cytology. Did it.
Results are in but my GP wants to give them to me rather than fax it and asks (thru his nurse practitioner (NP)) for my urologists fax info.

This then of course concerns me. I'm not near home so I can't go to his office to get it.

So I reply to the email with my uro's fax and copy him on the email so he can expect it and get back to me.

I call my GP (been going to for years so it's kind of like family including the NP). The NP says inconclusive, abnormal cells, yada yada.
She says the lab wasn't committing to anything one way or the other.
I asked if she was positive that the note went along with my sample that I have a neobladder. This is really important because there will be more cells and different looking things if you happen to have a piece of intestine in your urinary tract. This happened to me back in 2009 and got me all freaked out but it was just that the didn't know I had a neo. She was positive and had written in multiple places on the form. Even read me her note.

So then I just sent an email to my uro's nurse to bring her up to speed and let me know if my uro is on vacation or something because he usually is very quick to respond. Of course it is late at night now so hopefully I will hear tomorrow. Maybe I just need to go give another sample...but this time at Univ of Colorado Hospital where my uro works and have him look at it.

Luckily, I am working for a client in south Denver now so I could get there and back during lunch.
Argh. Why do people keep getting between me and my one more year cancer free celebrations? Last year I had a bunch of delays in getting my tests scheduled and now this.

Anyway....just kind of sharing and kind of venting. I'm in the middle of leading a big contract negotiation and this threw me off for about an hour and a half before I could compartmentalize this and focus on my job. I'm back to thinking it is probably a stupid lab but this is still a distraction I don't need right now. Who ever does? :)

Will post more when I know more...

Still cancer free until someone proves otherwise!!!

Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne