As time goes by

14 years 8 months ago #27598 by GKLINE
Replied by GKLINE on topic As time goes by
Cynthia is the leader of the pack here and her threads always bring out the best questions in all of us. I was very surprised to see two new cases coming in on this site. I wish you didn't have to be on this site, but, WELCOME to the group. My thoughts and ALL of our thoughts are with you. Cynthia, could you transfer these two great people to a dedicated thread so we could keep the conversation directly on their question?

If both of you are facing Bladder removal and trying to make choices, you have the most varied experts available.

I can only say that, as a male, I have a NEO bladder and I have adjusted to it's peculiar tendances. This has worked for me, but it is not the only answer. There are just as many success stories with other procedures and the people here are very knowledgable about all aspect of every choice.
The women on this site will have their own choices about which procedure is the one for them. I guess the best advice is "there is no WRONG one"
Welcome to a new world, you WILL have friends here, and YOU WILL SURVIVE. Like most people on this site, You will be a stronger person for having been through this. We are here for you.
George Kline

Light a man a fire and he is warm for an evening.
Light a man ON fire and he's warm forever.

08/08/08...RC neo bladder
09/09/09...New Hip
=
New Man! [/size]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 8 months ago #27595 by monica
Replied by monica on topic As time goes by
Hi! I am new to the website and I am facing Bladder removal in a few days and can't make up my mind which way to go. My surgeon has said that at this point all three ways are an option for me. I am an active 65 year old woman and I would love to hear from anyone with their stories on the options. rk3943

14 years 8 months ago #27342 by GKLINE
Replied by GKLINE on topic As time goes by
Cynithia, you are a true inspiration. Congratualtions on your anniversary and, may I say, we want to hear of MANY MANY more! This is my FIRST Anniversary ( August 6th) My 30th Wedding Anniversary was August 4th.
I guess the Very proximity of the Anniversaries means a great deal. My wife has been THE ROCK. She Celebrated both Anniversaries with enthusiasm.

Thank you Cynthia for this site, Thanks for your inspiring story. And, here's to so MANY MORE Great Years. Thanks for pushing all of us to GET THROUGH IT!:dry: :dry: :dry:

Light a man a fire and he is warm for an evening.
Light a man ON fire and he's warm forever.

08/08/08...RC neo bladder
09/09/09...New Hip
=
New Man! [/size]

14 years 8 months ago #27341 by SexySexyBB
Replied by SexySexyBB on topic As time goes by
Congratulations Cynthia. May you have many more birthdays.
Roberta

14 years 8 months ago #27324 by Gracie
Replied by Gracie on topic As time goes by
I often think of one of my favorite quotes - ' If you want to make God laugh, tell her what your plans are.' The uncertainty can be daunting at times but I've learned to ride out the fears when they visit me - usually in the middle of the night when I'm most suseptible. I find they go quickly if you let them.

Your words are easy to relate to and very validating. I'm often amazed at the resilience and strenth of the human spirit. I look back now and just say 'Wow'.

But the celebrations are wonderful! And boy do we deserve them!

Congratualtions!

Gracie

14 years 8 months ago #27318 by Webs
Replied by Webs on topic As time goes by
Cynthia you are one amazing woman. I say lets celebrate. Of course I love to party!B)

Pat, brothers should never be that rude.:P

Sunflower, could you start a new thread? We would really like to be there for you. Where are you at and who are you seeing? ((Hugs)) I know this is a hard time.

Webs

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne