Cancer\'s growing burden: the high cost of care

11 years 9 months ago #42836 by Cynthia
During my treatment and I had a lot I saw a lot of waste, we have to do better. I had good insurance and no test was spared and often duplicated if I didn't keep an eye open. Those that have deep pockets are potentially over served while those who's are not are undeserved, this is not good enough. That is only the tip of the iceberg but a start. No matter what your belief health care cost is costing lives and is not buying us anything according to the research. This is not partisan I don't know the answers but we have to do better.

Any way thank you for letting me rant. I have just seen to many that are in this situation and there are not enough resources for them. This is a personal opinion and I know that health care opens a kettle of fish but we have to start talking abut this or we can't fix it.

The following is ridiculous and heart breaking. There are places spending less than the US and having higher life expectancies there has to be answers.

www.usatoday.com/news/health/story/health/story/2012-02-27/Cancers-growing-burden-the-high-cost-of-care/53271430/1

Cynthia Kinsella
T2 g3 CIS 8/04
Clinical Trial
Chemotherapy & Radiation 10/04-12/04
Chemotherapy 3/05-5/05
BCG 9/05-1-06
RC w/umbilical Indiana pouch 5/06
Left Nephrectomy 1/09
President American Bladder Cancer Society

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne