advice sought about AZO dosage

5 months 3 weeks ago #62062 by opaz_67
Replied by opaz_67 on topic advice sought about AZO dosage
Ah just found this on the internet:

""

It's from an American website we're not allowed to see in France!  

blocked.goodrx.com/#:~:text=The%20main%20reason%20AZO%20is,longer%20need%20to%20take%20AZO.

I'm a Brit living in France. I was diagnosed with high risk non-muscle invasive bladder cancer in 2021

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 months 3 weeks ago #62061 by opaz_67
advice sought about AZO dosage was created by opaz_67
Hello,

I'm 15 of 27 BCG treatments in and the cystitis symptoms have been really bad - burning, frequency, at one point hesitancy but that's disappeared and at times stabbing pains even when I'm not peeing. The symptoms seem to be at their worst in the afternoons for some reason. Anyhow I got some Azo off the internet which arrived today. There are 12 pills in the pack. The instructions say take 2 pills 3 times a day and then stop after 2 days. ButI know from experience that my cystitis might last for weeks. So I'm wondering how best to use it - does the 2 days course have benefits that continue after the 2 day treatment? Do people take lower dosages (eg a couple of pills when the symptoms start then no more) and carry that on for longer than the 2 days? Or maybe take the 3x2 each day as per the instructions and ignore the 2 day max rule altogether? 

Any advice gratefully received. 

I'm a Brit living in France. I was diagnosed with high risk non-muscle invasive bladder cancer in 2021

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne