urine path results

2 years 11 months ago #60806 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic urine path results
You are very fortunate....it seems that your urologist is very thorough.  While I know that this isn't something that was fun for you to do, you know that if there is a problem he will probably find it.

Keeping good thoughts for you...please let us know the results!!

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 years 11 months ago #60805 by busaman
Replied by busaman on topic urine path results
yesterday my uro did some procedures on me. first he inserted catheters directly into my kidneys to get urine from the kidneys before it enters the ureter.  next he did a "washing" in the ureter.  i think this was to get tissue from there for biopsy.  third he grabbed a piece of the prostate for biposy.  i was out for about an hour.  i am on a catheter until monday monday morning.  as i undestand it, all of this is because i already had my turbtt and bcg alst year and now when he scopes the bladder he finds no recurrence of tumors, yet my labs keep coming back "atypical cells" or "suspicious for urothelial carcinoma."  so, he is checking elsewhere in the urinary system for the sourced of these atypical pathology reports.  I find out more in two weeks when he gives me the results.

2 years 11 months ago #60804 by joea73
Replied by joea73 on topic urine path results
"negative for occult blood"  - no blood in the stool, meaning no colon cancer.  Did you have your stool tested as a part of a general check-up?

" suspicious for urothelial carcinoma, red blood cells present" is the result of cytology urine analysis.    The cytopathologist must be using the older urine analysis reporting system.   In 2016. the international cytology society had published The Paris (Reporting) System (TPS).
There are seven classifications in the TPS, which are listed below.     You may want to ask if "suspicious for urothelial carcinoma" meant "suspicious for high-grade urothelial carcinoma' or not.

1) Non-diagnostic or Unsatisfactory
2) Negative for High-Grade Urothelial Carcinoma
3) Atypical Urothelial Cells
4) Suspicious for High-Grade Urothelial Carcinoma
5) Low-Grade Urothelial Neoplasia (LGUN)
6) High Grade Urothelial Carcinoma (HGUC)
7) Other malignancies, primary and metastatic

2 years 11 months ago #60802 by EdFlaherty
Replied by EdFlaherty on topic urine path results
Call your urologist and inform him/her of your results. You need the urologists to check this out ASAP. Good Luck!

2 years 11 months ago #60801 by busaman
urine path results was created by busaman
My uro sends me for labs for urine pathology and my GP also sends me in connection with annual physicals.  I just got two conflicting results from the same lab done in the same week.  One says negative for occult blood and the other one says suspicious for urothelial carcinoma, red blood cells present.  I'm trying to ask my doc about this but I can't reach her.  

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne