turbt done but still bleeding and clots need help

1 year 5 months ago #61465 by Kirannaz
Hi

Can you advise why the clots occurred?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 8 months ago #51742 by jroza1
I threw clots and blood for almost a week after my TURBT - as always, consult your doctor. For me, drinking a MASSIVE amount of water and AZO every 8 hours helped immeasurably.

The more times you pee and the higher the quantity, I found the quicker my body returns to normal.

7 years 8 months ago #51708 by seastar
Thanks for getting back to me on this, yes we have been working closely with our onc and other physicians but I cannot stop researching on my own in hopes of finding something that others are not aware of....just hopeful....thanks again.

7 years 8 months ago #51705 by sara.anne
I am so sorry to read about your husbands problems. Since none of us here are physicians competent to offer medical advice in a case such as this, probably all we can offer is what you already know. I assume that the oncologist you are consulting is the one who deals with your husband's MDS? It would seem likely that this is contributing to the bleeding issues.

The only real advice would be to get a second opinion/consult at a place that sees a lot of complicated bladder cancer/MDS cases, such as a university medical center or NCI Cancer Center if that is not where he is being treated.

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

7 years 8 months ago #51700 by seastar
My husband had the turbt procedure a month ago and he is still bleeding and producing clots. He has a stent, so we thought that might be one reason for the bleeding and clots, but he also has MDS and his counts red, platelets are very low which also causes his blood pressure to be low. We have been to the urologists and the onc. It was determined that he should have 10 treatments of radiation to see if that would help stop the bleeding, he is half way through this and nothing has changed......any thoughts....I have done research but I am not finding much....any help would be appreciated.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne