Good News-well, as good as it can be

16 years 6 days ago #16162 by tate
Replied by tate on topic Good News-well, as good as it can be
Thank you Barb and Tahoemom,
I will keep you updated with the BCG tx. They only do them on thursdays and I got it as late as I could...I just hope I will not be too sick to work on Fridays. I need to work maybe even drop school so I can get a 2nd job. i have been trying to get a degree since I partied to much then and dropped out of college. If I could only turn back time and re-do some things. alas, we will just look forward ;) and move on.
take care and thanks again for your support,
-Tate

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 6 days ago #16156 by tahoemom
Replied by tahoemom on topic Good News-well, as good as it can be
Hi Tate,
Nice to hear good news. Take care of that slight temp. That can make you a bit tired.
I am really new to all this and don't know the terminology well yet, but all in all sounds like you are doing great.

I quit smoking over 8 years ago, after being about a pack a day smoker. Best way I found was to just not buy them and go cold turkey, no patches, no nothing. After about two weeks of gnawing on pencils and being a bit grumpy , I was cured. :)
Tell your friends , the cravings might come and go for awhile , but deep breathing in and slow breaths out helped alot. It kind of simulates taking in smoke and stops the craving. Weird how our body and mind can work .

Good luck with BCG . I probably will have that too whenever we get my show on the road and see what is going on :) Let me know what it is like .

hugsssss Jeanne (tahoemom)

16 years 6 days ago #16147 by Barbnks
Replied by Barbnks on topic Good News-well, as good as it can be
Tate,
I am so glad they caught it early. I too was a smoker until I had a large mass found in my kidney last July. It was cancer and I had to have my kidney removed. Now I deal with reoccuring bladder cancer. Mine is still low stage and grade and I go in for my 3 month check May 5th. I have not done BCG yet but been told that is my next stop.
I pray it all goes well for you and let me know how the BCG goes.
Barb

16 years 6 days ago #16146 by tate
I had my follow up appt. Thurs. from my 1st TURBT-

I have/had Ta bc. I figured that we caught it early and luckily I guess we did. I have a couple things to still fix but over all I am great. Because of the size >3cm I do have to start a 6wk treatment of BCG- my 1st time (little nervous about that)...so I still have some research to do. Also, i have still been running a fever so I have another round of antibiotics. but over all things are good.

The other thing I wanted to share is...I sent a message to a bunch of friends/coworkers that I work with and I told them- If you see any blood in your urine checked out immediately and Quit Smoking, if you do. I had 4 people call me and tell me they are going to actively try to quit smoking with me- While I was never a heavy smoker they have been long time smokers and I think that they are open to try and that is a HUGE step. I am so happy. ;D

Thank you everybody for being here and especially Grampadonut42- I know I will still need my new support group and I am so happy I have you all!! I hope I can help someone feel better like you have helped me.
-Tate

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne