Husband diagnosed with BC T1 High Grade, transitional cell, non-invasive

6 years 1 day ago #55152 by NotAlonewJesus
Hello my new friends! I can't believe I'm here but I am. This has been a roller coaster ride of emotions since the diagnosis of bladder cancer. My husband was diagnosed with prostate cancer at 51 (3/2015) and it was very aggressive 4 out of 12 biopsy with Gleason score of 7, but his Dr caught it early. We decided to do the radical prostatectomy (still happy with that choice) psa for the last three years has been 0! The BC started off with trips to urologist over "kidney stones" (3/2018) that just wouldn't get blasted and go away. Blood in the urine after the blast for a couple of weeks. Had another ct scan and large stone still there but Dr. wanted to check bladder to be on safe side and sure enough there were 6 raised tumors and one flat tumor looking grayish. (Yep I was in room and saw on tv). That was Mon pm and he was in surgery by Thur am. all tumors were removed and sent to pathology. came back bladder cancer T1 High Grade but had not gone into the muscle of bladder. So 3/16/18 had 2nd surgery to stage cancer and see if eligible for BCG treatments. Yesterday Dr. said he is eligible for 1st round of 6 weeks every Monday. My husband and I are both alike in the fact that we are "fix it" kind of people but we process differently. I want to know all the facts and he wants to ignore facts and not talk about it. I wanted to ask the Dr is this T1 HG non-invasive transitional cell carcinoma cancer terminal or progressive but didn't. Dr. has already told us this is not going to be like the prostate cancer. This one will require the rest of his life seeing the Dr. I know no one really has the answers but where can I get some good research information about possibilities on the path his BC can take? Does anyone have a good site that will give me stats on what we might be facing down the road? thanks for reading my post and if sharing that also! God bless!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne