Photos of Nature

16 years 10 months ago #6455 by New2This
Replied by New2This on topic Photos of Nature
Beautiful photo!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 10 months ago #6453 by Rosemary
Replied by Rosemary on topic Photos of Nature
Alice,

Happy 4th of July to you too. You probably shouldn't encourage me in this, but here you go.

This is a photo of an overlook on the Blue Ridge Parkway in the Great Smoky Mountains of North Carolina. As one stands on the precipice and gazes out through layer upon layer of timeless mist and mountains, one gathers an impression of transformation from that of being the Seer into being the Seen. This is because the Ancient Spirit of Time seems to dwell and rest in the nobs and hollows of the Smoky Mountain Range. The old folks who live there have always known this.

These are my impressions since childhood and the best I can explain it now. Hope you enjoy the photo.

Your bud,
Rosemary

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

16 years 10 months ago #6444 by Alice L.
Replied by Alice L. on topic Photos of Nature
Clap, Clap, Clap! I KNEW YOU COULD DO IT, Gordon. Nice Work! You know, the other picture showed alot more detail of what you were describing anyway ;).

What an accomplishment!

Alice

16 years 10 months ago #6443 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Photos of Nature

I did it!!! I actually sat down and read some hard copy directions. In my editor one has to save file as a web page copy and then denote size in a drop down window. Boy am I glad I'm retired. I wouldn't have had time otherwise. :-\

Reason I wanted to share this photo is that the red stuff about two thirds of way down photo is reflection of sun off of lake. This weather system was the "tail-end" of a storm system that went through one evening. Two nights ago they had another storm go through and they have been without power since. :( I'm going up to our cabin tomorrow to see if refrig stuff is OK. 90 miles.

Thanks for encouragement. Even (or maybe especially) old men need it. ;D

best regards to all. Remember to enjoy those little moments "in between".

Gordon

age 70
Dx 10/03
neobladder 9/4/04

16 years 10 months ago #6440 by Rosemary
Replied by Rosemary on topic Photos of Nature
That is a really beautiful photo, Gordon. It reminds me of an artist painting. Fragonard, I think was his name. Very, very beautiful. Thank you.

Rosemary

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

16 years 10 months ago #6439 by Alice L.
Replied by Alice L. on topic Photos of Nature
Gordon, please don't give up. None of us are getting upset with you. Just keep trying until you get it right. That is the only way you will learn even if it has to do with posting here.

I am routing for you! I will be looking forward to seeing your next picture :)

Alice

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne