Photos of Nature

16 years 9 months ago #6595 by Alice L.
Replied by Alice L. on topic Photos of Nature
Rosemary, it really is so comforting to see a person relaxing and enjoying the moments after everything they encounter with doctors, surgeries, ect.

I really like seeing a person I relate to at a natural state in their life since it is hard to meet you personally.

Now, for the hair, maybe it was one of those ghost flirting around with you by rubbing his fingers through your hair ;D . Either way, you are still such a beautiful and very caring woman.

Alice

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 9 months ago #6588 by Rosemary
Replied by Rosemary on topic Photos of Nature
I like this photo for being restful. I love porches and have so many fond memories escaping the Alabama heat in the rocking chairs of my grandmother's front porch.

If you look way out on the horizon, you can barely see the line of the Ocracoke Sound.
We are sitting on a porch in a ghost village on an island of the Outer Banks. We are taking respite from mosquitoes on this porch as they will not bother us there. There is a cemetary in the back yard here where two parrots are buried with tombstones alongside with their master. The posts on this porch came from a shipwreck off the shore of the island in the early 1900's.

I don't know what's happening with my hair. I don't remember a wind on this day.

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

16 years 9 months ago #6555 by Alice L.
Dearest Rosemary,

Just know you will be in my thoughts and prayers that all will turn out well today. I have grown very close to you and enjoy reading your post every day. They are such an inspiration to me.

Sorry, I didn't get back with you on the picture. It really is so lovely and looks so peaceful. I am like you when it comes to moons, I love watching the sun go down in the evenings. The array of colors are so beautiful as you watch it fade away.

Thank you, Rosemary, for being such a Positive Role Model and Such an Inspiration to this board.

Please let us know how it all turns out. I will be checking back and forth to see if you have posted.

You are in my thoughts.

Alice

16 years 9 months ago #6554 by Rosemary
Oh, I forgot to say.....

Pink sky in morning,
Sailor's take warning...
Pink sky at night,
Sailor's delight...

I have a cysto today (I thought it was the 11th, but it is the 10th)...maybe this is a good sign...I'm going to take it that way....

Rosemary

Rosemary
Age - 55
Dx January 2006

16 years 9 months ago #6548 by Rosemary
This is a photo I took tonight of the Atlantic Beach Bridge around twilight. You have to look way out on the horizon to see the lights of the bridge. The Bridge crosses the Core Sound and transverses from the mainland of Morehead City to Atlantic Beach, an Island of the Outer Banks of North Carolina...my home....

Rosemary
Age - 55
Dx January 2006

16 years 9 months ago #6540 by Alice L.
Hello Rosemary and New2This,

Rosemary, that was a very nice guess and I appreciate you taking the time to look at it and respond, but I am sorry to say, New2This won the prize.

There is a small bird sitting on one of the branches. I am not sure what type of bird it is either. I took this picture when I went to Milan, Italy about 4 years ago. Only place away from home I have ever been or seen. It was soooooooo beautiful.

Thank you both for taking the time to enjoy these pictures with me.

Now, New2This, maybe we have a bird watcher out there that could help us out in identifying the bird :)

Alice

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne