so tired

13 years 5 months ago #34982 by mmc
Replied by mmc on topic so tired
Julie,

It's a really tough surgery and takes a while to recover. Being tired is pretty normal. Naps and walking around the house are the best. No driving if you are pain meds. I don't remember how long it was for me after before I drove. I started walking a little bit outside each day after a couple/few days home.

The doctor can tell you how long before you should attempt driving but you would be better to have someone drive you for a bit. You will notice bumps in the road that you never realized were there before! :)

Glad the bowels are under control! That's a big deal, isn't it?
Much bigger deal that one realizes until after a surgery like this.

All the best for continued recovery. Keep up those short walks.

Mike

PS: If you are REALLY tired, you may want to take your temperature. Infections aren't unheard of so keep an eye on that.

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 5 months ago #34980 by mamatrausch
so tired was created by mamatrausch
Is it normal to feel so tired 2 weeks after rc? I walk around the house and canclimb the stairs bt moslty I read and watch Tv. I still only sleep an hour at a time so maybe thats it. How long before you all drove? left your Home? I feel more tired today than 2 days ago. Thanks to all I have my bowels under control colace no zytec. Stomas was spitting mucos like pat thought I just cleanit off every 2 days and redress.
julie

T1/G3-CIS 10-01-2010
10-27-2010-Indiana Pouch

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne