Hysterectomy and Bladder Cancer issues

16 years 3 months ago #12523 by SherriX2
Replied by SherriX2 on topic Hysterectomy and Bladder Cancer issues
On Oct 1st I have emergency surgery that put me into surgical menopause ( I had complete hyster Oct 1st the medical term of my surgery is TAH BSO) and now 3 months later, they think I might have bladder cancer.Any chance its all connected in some way? I have the same pain I do now in my bladder that I had before SX, doctor though maybe the pain & blood in my urine was coming from the mass on my R ovary and in my R tube because have my painful stream of urine, my R kidney hurts too.

I had a emergency TAH BSO on OCT 1 and now I am in sudden surgical menopause.I am now being testing for bladder cancer and will have results in 2 wks ( about the end of Jan)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 years 3 days ago #5208 by Rosemary
Replied by Rosemary on topic Hysterectomy and Bladder Cancer issues
Beth,

Thank you very much.

You are right to try to do your part. I am hoping for you that in relieving suffering for others, that you are helping to relieve the suffering for yourself.

I am very sorry for your loss. I am glad you are here.

Your friend,
Rosemary

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

17 years 3 days ago #5207 by Beth
Replied by Beth on topic Hysterectomy and Bladder Cancer issues
Dear Rosemary,
I'm sorry I couldn't help.
By "Indian doctor" I meant a medical doctor born and bred in India but Jewish.Tiny Israel is a melting pot of cultures,we respect them all but some more and some less. At that time,almost thirty years ago,serious doctors were contemptuous of alternative medicine.I wonder if they are better today.
I wish you the best of luck.I am trying to forget of my loss,my husband's loss,and think of other people's suffering ,I'd like to see all suffering gone out of this world.
Beth

17 years 3 days ago #5206 by Rosemary
Replied by Rosemary on topic Hysterectomy and Bladder Cancer issues
Hey Beth,

Thanks for the reply. I had to look up a definition for "Myoma" and was glad to see that it was benign.  Back in September, when I made this post, the Gynocolgist was leaving the decision for hysterectomy up to me.   I just let it go and am living with the pelvic pain.   After all, it hasn't gotten worse.  When I was about 35, I had a benign tumor removed from my ovary.  Now, for many years, my ovary has been stuck to my rectum because of adhesions. :o   (Bowel movements can be uncomfortable)  

When you say "Indian Doctor" do you mean Ayurvedic (East India) or Native American?

Your friend,
Rosemary

Rosemary
Age - 55
Dx January 2006

17 years 3 days ago #5204 by Beth
Replied by Beth on topic Hysterectomy and Bladder Cancer issues
Dear Rosemary,
I can tell you about hysterectomy.I was forty at the time when my gynecologist said I had a myoma which had to be taken out.We set the date for the surgery.Meanwhile someone directed me to an Indian doctor who was a specialst in homeopathy,giving small doses with the same effect as the big ones,he said.I didn't take him seriously,I took the drops he prescribed but was prsent at the hospital on the set date and had the hysterectomy.I was out within a few days,swimming in the pool a couple of days later.Strange though,the surgeon told me the X-rays had shown a much larger tumour than what he found.
That was almost 28 years ago.I've forgotten about it.
Listen to other people's advice and do what you think best.
Beth

17 years 7 months ago #1475 by Rosemary
Hysterectomy and Bladder Cancer issues was created by Rosemary
My gynocologist does not know why I'm having pelvic pain, constipation and urine blockage.
Endometriosis can cause this, but no way to know without "going in"...

He says if he does hysterctomy, we will need to consult with urologist, because he would have to peel organs off of the bladder and if the bladder is already weak, it may cause some bad problems.
(Gross)

[smiley=shocked.gif] Does anyone have any experience or knowledge about this?

Rosemary
Age - 55
Dx January 2006

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne