Just my reaction - I (ME) would keep the earlier appointment. Waiting is not something I do well.
(I believe) this is your first biopsy. A second biopsy shortly after the first is common. The first explores the question of cancer, the second, if cancer is found, often determines the extent of the cancer. My first two were 3 1/2 weeks apart.
Blue light, like every other procedure, has limitations. For me, blue light provided no useful information.
You have allowed yourself two choices. There is no precise answer to which is best. Which choice will let you sleep at night ?
If you plan to go home with a leg bag, ask (in advance) about a night bag and tubing to reach to the edge of the bed. Hopefully an option available to you. Much more comfortable and less bothersome.
What's with this Bleeding ? 6/2015
DX: HG Papillary & CIS
3 Years and 30 BCG/BCG+Inf
Tis CIS comes back.
BC clear as of 5/17 !
RCC found in my one & only kidney 10/17
Begin Chemo; Cisplatin and Gemzar
8/18 begin Chemo# 3
Begin year 4 with cis
2/19 Chemo #4
9/19 NED again
Until next scope
I am scheduled for a fulguration under MAC
For a 2cm flat lesion suspect for CIS, no blue light , going home with leg bag ,on 6/14 with a regional CCF urologist.
Nervous, as I have been researching fulguration with biopsy vs. Turb and use of blue light...Fulguration may not be as complete at removing tumor requiring another surgery.
I have a second opinion at CCF Main Campus with Dr. Lee-one of their top urologists specializing in bladder cancer.on 6/21. Would it be crazy of me to cx my surgery and just wait to see him.?
Will another months delay matter?
Any advice appreciated., Nancy