More Guidance Needed

4 years 9 months ago #57756 by DPT
Replied by DPT on topic More Guidance Needed
Thank you Jack, I especially appreciate your feedback on the leg bag! I’ll be opting for soonest surgery.
Regards,
Nancy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 years 9 months ago #57755 by Jack R
Replied by Jack R on topic More Guidance Needed
Nancy DPT

Just my reaction - I (ME) would keep the earlier appointment. Waiting is not something I do well.

(I believe) this is your first biopsy. A second biopsy shortly after the first is common. The first explores the question of cancer, the second, if cancer is found, often determines the extent of the cancer. My first two were 3 1/2 weeks apart.

Blue light, like every other procedure, has limitations. For me, blue light provided no useful information.

You have allowed yourself two choices. There is no precise answer to which is best. Which choice will let you sleep at night ?

If you plan to go home with a leg bag, ask (in advance) about a night bag and tubing to reach to the edge of the bed. Hopefully an option available to you. Much more comfortable and less bothersome.

Best
Jack

6/2015 HG Papillary & CIS
3 Years and 30 BCG/BCG+Inf
Tis CIS comes back.
BC clear as of 5/17 !
RCC found in my one & only kidney 10/17
Begin Chemo; Cisplatin and Gemzar
8/18 begin Chemo# 3
Begin year 4 with cis
2/19 Chemo #4
9/19 NED again :)
1/2020 CIS is back
Tried Keytruda, stopped by side effects
Workin on a new plan for 2021

4 years 9 months ago #57754 by DPT
More Guidance Needed was created by DPT
Hello ,
I am scheduled for a fulguration under MAC
For a 2cm flat lesion suspect for CIS, no blue light , going home with leg bag ,on 6/14 with a regional CCF urologist.
Nervous, as I have been researching fulguration with biopsy vs. Turb and use of blue light...Fulguration may not be as complete at removing tumor requiring another surgery.
I have a second opinion at CCF Main Campus with Dr. Lee-one of their top urologists specializing in bladder cancer.on 6/21. Would it be crazy of me to cx my surgery and just wait to see him.?
Will another months delay matter?
Any advice appreciated., Nancy

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne