BCG/Septic Systems

1 year 3 months ago - 1 year 3 months ago #61585 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic BCG/Septic Systems
I don't think we are talking about that much bleach. Enough to rinse or coat the bowl. My URO didn't even think it was that necessary as he said "If it was that toxic (BCG) he wouldn't let his staff make the mix". In my opinion it is still good to use for maybe the 2nd, 3rd or 4th voids. Just use common sense on keeping the hands clean.

The BCG shortage has been a common problem. Postponing a few weeks isn't a big deal but, if it persists maybe an alternative agent may make sense. See Joea73's response on non responsive BCG. It especially applies with Gemcitabine/Docetaxel intravesical chemotherapy as a substitute:  Suspicious scope worried about non-BCG options - Bladder Cancer Support Forum

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alkamodaddy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 3 months ago #61583 by Alkamodaddy
BCG/Septic Systems was created by Alkamodaddy
Hi,  I have been recently diagnosed with NMIBC High Grade and CIS in my bladder.  i have had the TURBT procedure and am not looking at 6 weeks of BCG.  My first issue is that my doctors scheduler called and said she can't schedule me for treatments until they confirm they can get the BCG.  Apparently there is a major shortage.  
       Next, assuming I can get the BCG, is how to avoid putting all that bleach into my septic system.  I plan on renting a porta-potty unit and putting it in the garage.  Has anyone done this?
      Thanks in advance for any response!  

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne