How long after BCG does it take before you don't have blood in your urine?

1 year 4 months ago #61542 by sara.anne
I think that it depends on how irritated your bladder became from the BCG treatments.  And each of us is an individual so no one is exactly the same.

And no, unfortunately as I shared above, the blood is a sign of the irritation that your bladder tissue suffered from the BCG treatment.  It had no relation to the presence of absence of cancer.

You are doing right as you should!!

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 4 months ago - 1 year 4 months ago #61541 by Alan
I am racking my brain because it has been almost 15 years since DX. I want to say that later instillations showed more blood. Maybe for 2-4 voids? No more than a day. The blood you see in all probability is just irritation of the bladder lining. One observation on blood. Most of the time what we see, from cuts and scratches, is usually much less than what we think is happening. The other item I kept reminding myself was this is a lot less of a problem than systemic chemo. Challenging and no fun but, doable

Keep posting as you go.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

1 year 4 months ago #61540 by ralph_m
How long after BCG treatment does it take before you don't have blood in your urine?
Would no blood be a sign cancer is gone?

Thanks for your help.

Have a Great Day!!!    Ralph  : )

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne