× click the New Topic button to post

Red Spot / Inflammation?

2 months 2 weeks ago - 2 months 2 weeks ago #57507 by Knifedealer
Good news indeed.

On 11/15/18 I had 2 low grade papillary urothelial carcinomas (negative for lamina propria and muscularis propria invasion) removed. Surgery included an instillation of MMC. For a few days post op, urinating was excruciatingly painful. Fortunately the pain slowly subsided and by Christmas things ... err ... flowed well.

On 3/4/19 I had my first post-TURB cystoscopy. Normal except for a small patch that appeared inflamed. My urologist said it could be irritation from the mitomycin instillation or could be the precursor for a new tumor(s). He suggested we wait, give the bladder some more time to heal and revisit in 3 months. Judging by the way I felt after the TURBt, I believe the MMC wreaked havoc on my bladder lining so I'm hopeful that the reddened area is indeed from the chemo.

Please check back in after your next scope. Best to you until then.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 months 2 weeks ago #57506 by Alan
Great report!

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 months 2 weeks ago #57505 by Refractoryman
Good news, Cytology report back today.
Negative for malignant cells.
Acute and granulomatous inflammation
Doctor sent me note; good news no cancer cells. See you in 3 months.
Amen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 months 3 weeks ago #57489 by Alan
You have a plan and the explanation makes good sense to. I add only one other thought. If cytology is negative maybe a 2 month follow instead of 3 would make sense.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 months 3 weeks ago #57487 by Refractoryman
Had my bladder scope today. Small red spot still seen but Doctor said it looks smaller than last time. 1cm vs 1.5cm last scope. He was on the fence as far as scheduling a biopsy now or waiting another 3 months for next scope. He explained to me that as aggressive as CIS is he would have expected to see the spot larger, possibly raised and in other areas. It was agreed upon to have a urine cytology, if it comes back positive the Doctor will schedule a biopsy. Also there is a BCG shortage and the Cleveland Clinic is also affected by it. So back to the waiting game.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 months 3 weeks ago #57483 by Alan
While I have learned to simply wait and take one day at a time, the irritation and the difficulty you had on your last treatment I am voting for irritation! At the same time the doc at Cleveland Clinic seems to be following common sense. Waiting for a healing to happen. At the same time it also looks like you should not continues BCG. That is also another discussion to have with him.

Let us know what happens. Someone will be around to listen.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add Files.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne

Users

Total Online: 0 Users and 730 Guests 

Statistics

Today Total Opened: 0 Today Total Answered: 0 Latest User: mda4960
Yesterday Total Opened: 0 Yesterday Total Answered: 0
Total Posts: 52348 Total Subjects: 6784 Total Users: 8284
Powered by Kunena Forum