new trial of drug for those that don't respond to BCG

16 years 1 month ago #14851 by Sol
Thanks Patricia, i will call tomorrow.

Sincerely,
Sol,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 1 month ago #14850 by Sol
Rosemary,

I am being treated by one of the best doctors at MSK in NYC. I must say he is very aggressive and dosen't miss a beat. I just dont know if he is involved in this trial.

Sincerely,
Sol,

16 years 1 month ago #14835 by Rosemary
Sol,

It sounds to me like it might be time for you to seek a good second opinion.
Do you have a teaching hospital close by where you can find a Researcher/Surgeon to talk over these issues in detail?

This is what happened for me, and in my opinion is ideal....

I live close to the UNC Medical Center which has a multidisciplinary clinic. The Urlogical Surgeon there is also a researcher of Bladder Cancer, so I asked HIM to do an individual biopsy of my bladder and then give me his conclusions. In my case, instead of RC I was released to BCG treatments, but the point is this....
I had available to me (by using this teaching hospital facility) the best team around here for Urology, Oncology, Pathology and Radiology. This Urological Surgeon was extremely supportive and more than happy to perform my biopsy, as requested, and then subsequently answer all of my questions. This particular surgeon is also knee deep in Clinical Trials for Bladder Cancer.

Sifted down, my point is this......can you find a good teaching hospital that will address your particular concerns?????

Best regards,
Rosemary

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

16 years 1 month ago #14831 by Patricia
Sol...The study is funded by Abraxis Bioscience of Los Angeles, California .i believe the study is only in the NY based hospitals mentioned in the article...
Those interested in enrolling in this study should contact Dr. McKiernan, Dr. Benson or study coordinator Melissa Laudano at (212) 305-6665.

16 years 1 month ago #14825 by Sol
Does anyone know which hospital I can go to that participates in this trial in case I dont respond to my second time around of BCG?

Sincerely,
Sol,

16 years 1 month ago #14694 by Patricia
Yep thats me Becky...i subscribe to all the major cancer hospitals and urology journals and check with NCI on a regular basis for new trials......i got addicted to reading medical journals as a kid as my father was a PHarm.M.D. and I kind of followed in his footsteps and got my degree in pharmacology so i try to keep up with whats out there....sometimes its hard to weed through it all.........Pat

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne