Waiting for Brain CT results

16 years 1 week ago #16045 by mssmr
Replied by mssmr on topic Waiting for Brain CT results
Julieann -- I don't know (or remember) where you are, but I do think the results
should be available soon. I've had two (clear!!!) brain scans since December and
I got the results within 48 hours at the small hospital and within 24 hours at the Cancer center. I agree that calling and inquiring about results can help. Last time I had scans (not brain), the doctor let me pick up the report even before he went over it with me. -- in haste -- Susan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 1 week ago #16044 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Waiting for Brain CT results
Julieann....great that mom is home...did she take to heart what the nutritionest said about diet and drowning herself with too much water??......Yep i would call the hospital that did the CT and ask if the scan has been read and given to your doctor...or go pick up the results if they are read...with the new laws you have to sign for them now with medical records ..its a pain...it used to be so easy. I've always picked up my scans the day after .. they just run them off of the computer..but with the new HIPPA laws you can still get them..it just takes more paperwork....leave it to the government...i feel so protected!!! Pat

16 years 1 week ago #16043 by Leigh
Replied by Leigh on topic Waiting for Brain CT results
Dear Julie,

You may not of had the scan yourself but I know that as a wonderful caregiver that you are; you are living all your mum's test's with her.

I so wish I could say that it is true that brain mets are not very common but unfortunately the brain is one of the possible mets from bladder cancer. As far as I am aware bladder cancer metastasis can affect the bone,liver,lungs and brain.

Julie I am not sure of the statistics on this however although I am sure our wonderful well informed forum members will add a comment shortly.

I had a CT scan of the brain in January 2007 beacuse I was having severe headaches and dizzy spells...luckilly it was clear and stress related. I so wish the same for your mum for a positive outcome.

Julie take good care of yourself too :) thinking of you and your mum...

Leigh

Leigh, 39
Dx July 2007
TURBT July 2007
RC/Neobladder ,Studer Pouch, September 2007
Erasmus Centrum Rotterdam
TNM Classification: pT4 N2 Mo
4 cycles aduvant chemo Gemzar & Cisplatinum

16 years 1 week ago #16039 by julieann
Replied by julieann on topic Waiting for Brain CT results
Thanks Leigh! i always love to hear from you! By the way...great news for you! I'm so glad! We only had a brain CT. (Just realized that I wrote "we"....I had nothing! :) Am I right that it is not very common for bladder cancer to met to the brain? Maybe I made that up to make myself feel better.

16 years 1 week ago #16031 by Leigh
Replied by Leigh on topic Waiting for Brain CT results
Dear Julie,

I am glad your mum is home and is all smiles....nothing like home right!!

Sending you and your mum good wishes for a positive scan result...

Leigh

Leigh, 39
Dx July 2007
TURBT July 2007
RC/Neobladder ,Studer Pouch, September 2007
Erasmus Centrum Rotterdam
TNM Classification: pT4 N2 Mo
4 cycles aduvant chemo Gemzar & Cisplatinum

16 years 1 week ago #16029 by Gene Beane
Replied by Gene Beane on topic Waiting for Brain CT results
So Julieanne, she had a brain ct, and other scans as well?? Well I would be a real pain in the butt and call for results everyday, sometimes you have too. Ginger

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne