Sore Bum

16 years 5 months ago #10099 by timb
Replied by timb on topic Sore Bum
Only on BCWC can you get so much mileage from a conversation about sore arses! My bike's my primary means of transport. maybe get a softer saddle.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 5 months ago #10098 by irishguy
Replied by irishguy on topic Sore Bum
Yes I agree, butt comfort comes from good eating habits, but don’t forget a bit of healthy exercise too, particularly out in fresh air will work wonders on sluggish bowels or a sore arse. Mind you, maybe leave the bicycle in the shed until things clear up though ;)

Winning the battle :-)

16 years 5 months ago #10090 by timb
that's all we need! But Im sure it happens. Ive been trying to use the stomach more than the lower muscles when it comes to bearing down. also I was interested in the relationship between the foods we eat and the state of our posteriors. Without sounding too scatalogical, Ive noticed since my op that i get more undigested food in my poop (I hasten to add that I don't make a constant study of these things). I guess it may have something to do with the shortening of the bowel to make the neo. But I don't really know. Anyway, I ate some corn chips the other day and noticed the next day that I had a sore bum. Coincidentally, I also read that corn chip indulgence can lead to anal fissures owing to the abrasive qualitities of said snack. the key to butt comfort is surely partly in our diets.

Tim

16 years 5 months ago #10089 by irishguy
Hi Tim,

Good advice regarding getting the doctor if symptoms persist.

Looks like living with all these extra movements during the day is something that we’ll have to get used to huh? The action of bearing down to void the neo definitely moves things along in the bum department for sure. I have read or heard somewhere that pushing too hard in order to empty the bowels is not good. I guess this coupled with all the extra pushing to void the neo could lead to plies if
we’re not careful.

You have been warned!

16 years 5 months ago #9962 by timb
Irishguy

Thanks for a very reassuring response. It's good to know we have poop parity. I think you are spot-on about diet and an increase in roughage is called for and maybe a change in toilet tissue. I think I may "road test" (no jokes about skid marks please!) one of the aloe vera infused varieties. i also read that good bumcare is warranted. warm baths, careful cleansing, drying properly and the application of a topical cream when things get sore. Ive found Sudacrem works wonders in this department. I've had the blood spots too over many years but slightly more since the op. It always calms down after application of said cream and postive dietary changes. incidentally, I sometimes have found that over-use of vitamin supplements, specifically vitamin C, can lead to a sore arse. The non-acidic Ester-C varieties are best. Likewise Ive started to cut down on acidic foods like apples and this helps too.

Of course, if bum symptoms don't resolve or get worse, it's always best to get a doc to check it out. Make 'em work for the money!!!

ATB

Tim

16 years 5 months ago #9958 by irishguy
Hi Tim,

Yea, I have to agree. Since my neo - movements have shifted from once to sometimes four a day :o. I put this down to my bowels trying to settle themselves after such an operation. Not only that, but another problem I’m having in the bum department is itchiness. Oh my good god! At times, incredible almost unbearable, intense itchiness. This is probably due to the extra wiping from the extra movements throughout the day. On occasion specks of blood have appeared on the toilet paper from over vigorously wiping to scratch the itch. I think diet will have a major impact on the above symptoms and I know for me, cutting down on chocolate and eating more fruit and veg definitely calms things down a bit.

Happy Pooping!

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne