Anyone hear from Intransition?

14 years 7 months ago #27578 by Webs
Replied by Webs on topic Anyone hear from Intransition?
Love Jamba Juice to. What are your two little birds studying in college? I would not have made it through those first weeks without my husband. Glad yours is being amazing also.

Here if you need me.

Webs

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 7 months ago #27574 by mare1012
Replied by mare1012 on topic Anyone hear from Intransition?
I appreciate all the suggestions. May have to keep mashed potatoes in mind!

I, too, left the hospital without having eaten solid foods (well, threw up anything I tried, including applesause!) I had IV nutritional support in the hospital for a while.

My youngest left today for the airport to start her second year at college. Gosh I am going to miss her. She really stepped up this summer and was a great source of comfort and strength. My other child is also at college, but is local, so his leaving wasn't so bittersweet. Now it is just my huisband and I to soldier on through the next couple of weeks. He has been marvelous as well. All in all, I have been very lucky!

14 years 7 months ago #27573 by mmc
Replied by mmc on topic Anyone hear from Intransition?
So glad to hear you are feeling better!:) Step by Step, inch by inch...

Teeny, tiny meals for a while. If there is a Smoothie King in your area, check them out. Some coworkers introduced me to them last week and they have lots of great stuff. Their motto "Chewing is overrated!"

Best wishes for a continued path to recovery.

Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

14 years 7 months ago #27572 by mare1012
Replied by mare1012 on topic Anyone hear from Intransition?
You are all so kind!

I have been home 3 1/2 days and am doing better. My food intake is still pathetic, but I can keep all fluids down, including smoothies. Yay for Jamba Juice and their shots of protein :) Amazing how "off" everything tastes.

Pat: I do have Zofran to help with nausea which has been very effective in the past for me.

14 years 7 months ago #27552 by Melodie
Replied by Melodie on topic Anyone hear from Intransition?
Dear Intransition... You poor dear...14 days is such a long time...I was there for 10...same reason, couldn't keep anything down.

You might try some peanut butter on a spoon...that is what I did for the first few days...it was about all I could manage...gradually I moved on to small amounts of yogurt, mashed potatoes and finally eggs.

Thanks so much for the update...keeping you in my prayers...let us know how we can help you...recovery is tough although with the illeal it should be quicker than the other two. Take care, Hugs,

Melodie, Indy Pouch, U.W.Medical Center, Seattle, Dr. Paul H. Lange & Jonathan L. Wright

14 years 8 months ago #27541 by GKLINE
Replied by GKLINE on topic Anyone hear from Intransition?
So glad to hear from you. I feel your pain. 14 days in hospital is a long time. I was released before I had a solid meal. Never ate a thing in the hospital. Just drank ginger ale.

Well, you are now on your way. Things will start perking along slowly and sooner than you think, yo will be looking at your new life as normal. There will be bumps in the road, but you will get through them all.

We are glad to have you back!

George

Light a man a fire and he is warm for an evening.
Light a man ON fire and he's warm forever.

08/08/08...RC neo bladder
09/09/09...New Hip
=
New Man! [/size]

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne