Old Neobladder - New problem

15 years 1 week ago #25391 by Andy_D
Replied by Andy_D on topic Old Neobladder - New problem
I have a 2 1/2 year old neobladder. I get blood/clots in the the mucus quite regularly, especially after cycling, constipation and possibly dehydration. I have regular screening for mets/recurrence and have multiple negative scans, cytology/FISH and a couple of negative cystoscopy's. It takes quite a lot of effort not to worry when the blood is there. We have never found the source of the bleeding. I am colonized by pseudomonas, and take suppressive antibiotics, but I always wonder whether the bleeding is in someways related to bacterial overgrowth/infection.

I also have reflux pain, but this has improved after going back to setting my alarm to empty my bladder in the night - annoying, but actually the daytime pain improved too.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 1 week ago #25383 by kcnorthstar
Replied by kcnorthstar on topic Old Neobladder - New problem
Went to my uro and he did a poke and peek. He said my neobladder looked a little reddish and that the blood and blood clot may have been caused by irritation to the neobladder. I also had a abominal CT which came up clear.
Anyone else had blood from an irritated neo? although I am a cancer survivor, I have always wondered how many years my life has been shortened just by the stress involved from BC!

KC

Age 59
DX Jan 2006 - T1B G3
RC - Neobladder June 2006

15 years 2 weeks ago #25237 by kcnorthstar
Ive got an appointment for tomorrow. Im a little ticked off that I let the doctors convice me that my back pain was nothing to worry about. Its been 6 months or so and I wish I had pushed the issue, but at the time it did feel like just sore muscles.
KC

Age 59
DX Jan 2006 - T1B G3

15 years 2 weeks ago #25234 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Old Neobladder - New problem
Sounds very suspicious for hydronephrosis to me...a blocked ureter...can be caused by a stone or blockage or twisting of a ureter. Have them check it out ASAP......
Pat

15 years 2 weeks ago #25232 by kcnorthstar
Thanks Mike,

I actually got an appointment set up for tomorrow. They initially had me down for three weeks from now, but I pushed a little and got in tomorrow afternoon. At least I dont have to play the waiting game.

KC

Age 59
DX Jan 2006 - T1B G3

15 years 2 weeks ago #25219 by mmc
Replied by mmc on topic Old Neobladder - New problem
KC,

I hope everything is OK!

Here's hoping it is unrelated and just something else (not cancer) that can be dealt with.

Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne