helloo all--we're back!

15 years 10 months ago #17390 by Gene Beane
Replied by Gene Beane on topic helloo all--we're back!
Glad to hear he is doing better Stephany, all that home cooking, I want to come to your house. The milk shakes do the trick, I fed them to Gene to gain back the 30 pounds he had lost. Thanks for keeping us posted , let us know when the homecoming is..Ginger

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 10 months ago #17389 by Stephany
Replied by Stephany on topic helloo all--we're back!
I think they're saving mine for me.....I put some of his clothes on it, so it won't disappear while I'm home ::)

I stayed home today....took a "day off". I got laundry done, and the bills paid, and my desk close to clean. Then I popped popcorn, and had sushi and seaweed salad (leftovers). It had been so long since I popped any that I burned the first three batches! Boy, the dogs got really really lucky tonight.

He is able to eat food today, and I had left him a box of sushi and some organic blackberries. And an Orangina. He broke the Orangina bottle, so my name is probably mud at the nurses station, but he told me he ate all the rest of the food, so it was what he needed. And he's had two chocolate milkshakes. So he's feeling better.

The nurses unplugged one of his drains, and some of his pain went away, so maybe he'll be in a better mood tomorrow, too.

I'm hoping they might send him home tomorrow, but if not, then on Tuesday.

thanks for being there.

Stephany in Iowa

15 years 10 months ago #17367 by Gene Beane
Replied by Gene Beane on topic helloo all--we're back!
Stephany,

I had an "all points bulletin" out at the cleveland clinic for a recliner.
I got all kinds of answers, none to be found, to of course we have them somewhere.
Finally a very nice nurse found me one day 4,,you just have to be A BIG MOUTH, it works everytime!!!!
Just a note, you may find this interesting, I reserved a room at the Cleveland Clinic Conference Center hotel the first two nites after surgery. We are not rich people but my room was a walk away without going outside,at 300.00 a nite it was manufeke!!! this room had marble everything, I was a QUEEN for sure, my queenship went downhill as after 2 nites I went to an Inn across the street, I felt a little guilty spending the money, but my daughter split it with me and now I am on my own,, what a change, 5 channels on the tv, no jacuzzi tub,,,and no coffee pot!!! I STAYED IN HIS ROOM DAYS 4 AND 5 AND CAME HOME DAY6....This way I didn't miss one doctor,,,no matter what time they came..THE RECLINER DID FINE... Ginger

15 years 10 months ago #17356 by harry s
Replied by harry s on topic helloo all--we're back!
Hi Stephany - I just knew you were a resourceful person ;D I agree about the chairs in hospitals not being the best. I don't recall seeing any recliners at Stanford but we improvised when we could by putting two chairs face to face to prop up my feet...It was just lucky that Harry ended up with a private room and there was room for three chairs too. Of course when our daughter and son-in-law were there I lost my "recliner"! The hospital did offer us a roll-away bed if I cared to spend the night...but I opted to stay at the Navy Lodge so I could get some sleep...I know all the "goings on" in the hospital would have kept me awake! Glad you were able to spend the night in your own bed - bet your dogs were happy to see you!! Hopefully you'll be able to post that he is being released soon! Take care. Margot

15 years 10 months ago #17318 by Maria
Replied by Maria on topic helloo all--we're back!
Hello Julie, glad to hear that the surgery went as well as expected. Good to know you are able to rest up too. Hope all continues to go smoothly for you both.
Maria xx

15 years 10 months ago #17306 by Julie
Replied by Julie on topic helloo all--we're back!
Stephany, Good for you searching out your own recliner. I also need to keep my feet up otherwise my sciatica comes back. I feel a rant coming on about how hospitals accommodate family and visitors of patients. I bet we are not the only family members who need to keep our feet up.

Julie

Volunteer Coordinator
ABLSC

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne