Pass the Mustard Seed Powder please!

12 years 1 month ago #41587 by elle
Replied by elle on topic Pass the Mustard Seed Powder please!
Eighteen months, still cancer free, still taking the mustard seed daily. Our previous record was one year, so we're encouraged, and plan to keep going with it. I don't know if there's any interest but I'll continue to post here and update this thread.

For the first time ever, he's been asked to wait four months before coming back. That's a small victory for us, and we'll take it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 6 months ago #39660 by elle
He is still taking the mustard seed, and he had his fourth quarterly cystoscopy today. It was negative. I don't know if the mustard seed is helping, but we're becoming cautiously optimistic. It's been quite a while since we made it a full year without a new tumor.

13 years 5 months ago #34999 by elle
I've purchased some mustard seed and will be encouraging my husband to take it daily. Thanks for posting this. I hope it will help.

13 years 5 months ago #34949 by Nix
Replied by Nix on topic Pass the Mustard Seed Powder please!
Thank you so much for sharing this........it is always good to hear from the source. I have been so busy this week, but it was on my list to email the the study.
It certainly sounds encouraging, but I guess we will just have to wait and see.
There are many studies under way, hopefully one will prove to be effective against bladder cancer.
Call me an optimist, but I will always hope for the "magic bullet" :woohoo:

Nancy

Nancy S
Ta CIS
dx Ta 11/06
dx Ta CIS 10/07

13 years 5 months ago #34946 by Moonerj
Replied by Moonerj on topic Pass the Mustard Seed Powder please!
This is an email I received back from the head researcher regarding mustard seed powder.
Dear Mr Moon,

Thank you for your interest in this work. The mustard seed powder used in this paper was purchased from Spice House (Chicago, IL), the one called hot oriental mustard seed powder. This powder had the highest level of the active ingredient, compared with several other powders purchased from other companies. But I must say that our experience has been that these products vary greatly from batch to batch. So, it will be difficult to know if you are buying a good one or not. More importantly, as exciting as this new study may sound, there is currently no information as to if such a powder works against bladder cancer in humans, how much and how frequently one should take it, whether there is any adverse consequence associated with taking it, or if taking it will interfere with other treatments the patient is receiving... The dose that worked in the animals, however, was pretty low, about 70 mg powder per kg body weight, but we all know that dose extrapolation from animal to human is not easy.

Our next step is to standardize the powder preparation and test such powder in humans against bladder cancer, but this will take some time. This is frustratingly slow for patients and for us as well. I'm sorry that I cannot be of more help.

Sincerely,
Yuesheng Zhang.
Roswell Park Cancer Institute
Buffalo, New York

TA Grade 1
3 Turbts
30 BCG Treatments
Cancer Free since Nov 2007

13 years 5 months ago #34879 by vgau
Replied by vgau on topic Pass the Mustard Seed Powder please!
www.myhealthyfoods.com/spices/health-benefits-of-mustard-seeds-and-mustard-oil/

There is so much talk about Selenium right now and I found this site that talks about it in mustard seed

Source of Selenium

Mustard seeds are a very rich source of selenium, which along with fiber, acts to help lower the risk of cancer formation. Selenium also works alongside Vitamin E to perform antioxidant activated in the body. The antioxidant potential of selenium helps protect the body from heart disease, atherosclerosis and stroke. Selenium also plays a role in protecting against inflammation and thus provides relief from the symptoms of arthritis.

Dx 10/5 Non Invasive Papillary

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne