Indiana Pouch owners

16 years 8 months ago #7724 by Mike
Replied by Mike on topic Indiana Pouch owners
Rick I guess my stoma is smaller then a size of a quarter and I use a larger bandaid for protection with stoma. Joe ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 8 months ago #7721 by RAH
Replied by RAH on topic Indiana Pouch owners
Joe,
My location of my stormo for my Ileal Conduit is the same as yours. Mine is 2 1/4 diameter and sticks out about 1 ". What is the size of your stormo for your Indiana Pouch? My pouch protects my stormo from rubing against my clothes, how is your protected if at all?
Rick

16 years 8 months ago #7720 by Mike
Wendy my stoma nurse measured where the ileal conduit would go just in case but not the Indiana. I was going for the Neo but according to the surgeon he saw what he thought was a problem. So where he place mine it's perfect above the waistline easy to see to catherize and my pant line does rub it say I was to be wearing a belt. Joe ;)

16 years 8 months ago #7719 by wendy
Replied by wendy on topic Indiana Pouch owners
I was under the impression that it's really important to have a consult with an ostomy nurse to figure out where the stoma should go, before the surgery takes place. Such as, it shouldn't be in a fold when you sit, or in an uncomfortable spot. Make sense to me, not to leave it up to the surgeon, for as far as there is a choice regarding where it goes.

Wendy

16 years 8 months ago #7718 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Indiana Pouch owners
Hey Joe...i think the placement of the stoma is in the hands of the surgeon..they all have their favorite spots. And guys seem to have a higher naval than us ladies..mine is right at my waistline or just a smite below it. My surgeon didn't particularly care...he asked me. Pat

16 years 8 months ago #7716 by Mike
Hi ladies I don't know if is different for men then women but my stoma is say 2 inches to the right of my naval and then down about 3 inches right above the waistline seemed like a good spot to me lol---Joe

OMG all these years and I never realized dolphins wore bras well I"ll be damn lol

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne