After Surgery 2

17 years 8 months ago #906 by Rosemary
Replied by Rosemary on topic After Surgery 2
Just speaking as a lay person, I'm not so sure it's a good idea to be holding all those toxins inside the bladder...
:o

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 years 8 months ago #905 by Whitlo
Replied by Whitlo on topic After Surgery 2
Thanks all for the responses. I've been at a two day festival that I am producing. over the weekend. It was hotter than hell drank lots of water but peed very little as I was sweating it out faster. Probably no the best situation I am trying to hold it longer for the most part when I pee I pee alot but it is not as stong a stream as it used to be. I also stop drinking around 7PM and that seems to help the nighttime problems

love you all
Whit

17 years 8 months ago #899 by wildbill
Replied by wildbill on topic After Surgery 2
ALL I CAN SAY IS I KNOW IT SEEMS LIKE YOU NEED TO GO BUT I THINK YOU CAN HOLD IT I KNOW IT HURTS  BUT LIKE YOU SAID NOT MUCH COMES OUT SO IMOP.TRY IT WILL GET BETTER. IT TOOK ME ABOUT 3 WEEKS BEFORE I FELT BETTER.And then it takes time to realy fill good.I hope this helps you as i know we all need help. Love ya Wildbill......

Bill H
dob 4-19-1955
Live in la.ca
Plumber 1972----forever
12 grandkids
5 great grandkids

17 years 8 months ago #883 by jhferry
Replied by jhferry on topic After Surgery 2
My doctor prescribed peridium (sp?) for the burning/urges after my tumor removal. I started to try to hold it more during the day. I read somewhere that the bladder really isnt meant to push out small amounts of fluid so the more you go, the weaker it gets. Obviously at night that would be an issue so I would cut off liquids a few hours before bed and try to go a little longer each time before going during the day.

17 years 8 months ago #882 by rentanag
Replied by rentanag on topic After Surgery 2
Whit,

You should call your urologist and tell him about these symptoms as there are probably medications he can prescribe that could help.  After TURBT your bladder can have spasms which cause you to feel as though you have to empty frequently, I'm not sure if that's also what is known as overactive bladder or not but there are meds for that type of thing.  I would think your urologist would be willing to prescribe whatever the appropriate medication is for the problem you're having.

Good Luck and let us know how it turns out.

Lou

17 years 8 months ago #879 by wendy
Replied by wendy on topic After Surgery 2
Hi,

I don't have bladder cancer (my sister had it), but I have a small bladder capacity and wake up between 3 and 5 times a night from a dead sleep to pee. It's horrible. The only thing that helps is to stop with all fluid intake after dinner...otherwise...and still, I get up a couple of times.

I think the only way to get any rest is to make sure you get all that water in before say, 7PM? maybe 8?

Best of luck with things, and I hope things return to normal for you very soon.
Wendy

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne