CIS

4 years 1 month ago #59086 by Shacky73
Replied by Shacky73 on topic CIS
Good luck I know fear sets in when you have to wait. I had my first TURBT last June and due to shortage have only begun BCG a week ago though I did have 6 weeks Mitomycin in October because I kept pressing them.

I’m not a clinician but it seems a month or two isn’t too bad a wait.

T1 Grade 3 with CIS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 years 1 month ago #59084 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic CIS
It is usual to wait at least a month to allow the bladder to heal after a TURB before beginning BCG. Sometimes it takes longer, so you are still doing fine!

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

4 years 1 month ago #59083 by Scl003
Replied by Scl003 on topic CIS
My TURB was on January 10th. I don’t think I’ve had a urine culture Since my journey started that didn’t have the presence of red blood cells. I’m thinking if it’s not gone soon I’ll be having another cystoscopy. Hopefully no new tumors.

4 years 1 month ago #59080 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic CIS
Yes, BCG is the standard of care for non-invasive CIS. However, the presence of red blood cells in the urine suggests the possibility of some sort of open wound (from the TURB?) or and infection. Any opening from the bladder lining to the circulatory system could lead to a systemic infection with BCG and you really don't want this.

How long ago was your last TURB? Did you have urinary blood cells before that?

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

4 years 1 month ago #59078 by Scl003
CIS was created by Scl003
Diagnosed last year with low grade bladder cancer. After my third turbt I was told I had CIS. Was to start BCG but can’t seem to get a clean urinalysis. Red blood cells present. BCG has been delayed. I am worried about not starting treatment and the cancer advancing.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne