Bladder cis symptoms

4 years 2 months ago #58924 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Bladder cis symptoms
Adding to what Sara Anne posted, negative cytology can have false positives and false negatives while the accuracy is better on confirming CIS and high grade tumors, if that helps. 6 years of negative reports? I really doubt that points to cancer. However, we both encourage you to pursue with your URO on your symptoms.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fhern01

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 years 2 months ago #58922 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic Bladder cis symptoms
Everyone’s symptoms will be a little different My only symptom was repeated UTIs that got worse and worse over the period of a year . I cannot imagine growing six years without a massive increase in symptoms

I assume that you have consulted a urologist to find the source of your issues . He is the only one who can tell you what it might be but I doubt very much that it is CIS

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fhern01

4 years 2 months ago #58921 by Fhern01
Bladder cis symptoms was created by Fhern01
Hello

Could those who have been diagnosed with primary Cis tell me what symptoms they had prior to diagnosis of cis. Example dysuria,nocturnal,frequency urgency blood positive fish test and/or cytology. I have had symptoms of just frequency and urgency for 6 years. No blood no dysuria. All cytilogies cystiscopies negative. Would my symptoms have gotten worse without treatment if I had cis. Any information would be a great help for me. I have been extremely worried for 6 years and fear that cis May have been missed.

Thank you

Frank

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne