Second TURB after TURBT

4 years 2 months ago #58874 by Shacky73
Second TURB after TURBT was created by Shacky73
Had my TURB with Dr. Bochner at MSK Friday. I am just over 6 months TURBT for T1 G3 w CIS. Second look TURB in August originally call benign then amended to high grade. Following that I had 6 weeks mitomycin due to BCG shortage.

End of November I went to see Dr. Bochner for another opinion and immediately chose to move my case with him. He scoped me and saw lots of red areas most likely from mitomycin. Urine demonstrated abnormal cells so we scheduled TURB to confirm where we are.

My experience with MSK has been outstanding from the start! The staff, facilities, and sense of urgency and professionalism are at a higher level across the board.

Dr. Bochner met with my wife after the procedure and said he had a good look around and no visible lesions. We'll get biopsy results by end of next week.

I could not believe how good I felt just a day after my procedure! Pain right after the procedure was high and was immediately treated with Fentanyl - boy is that stuff gooood ; ). I was a little anxious that they would not send me home with pain medication other than tylenol and Uro MP. They said the pain medication could hinder my getting back to normal urination. And I guess they were right. First 12 hours were tough and lots of burning.

But I did not feel this good this soon the last two times for sure.

Thank you Dr. Bochner and MSKCC!

T1 Grade 3 with CIS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne