Terrified

5 years 2 weeks ago #57053 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Terrified
Thanks for your update. We all learn from each other. You are getting the 2 most important tests done with just the scope left. You will then have part one done. If the URO sees a true mass in the bladder and of unknown origin a TURB (transurethral resection of the bladder) will be scheduled to cut/burn it all out and sent to pathology. You will NOT really know much until then. Some that have posted here have had masses and they were not cancer.

Remember, if bladder cancer this is treatable and beatable, one day at a time.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hwestonp

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 2 weeks ago #57050 by hwestonp
Replied by hwestonp on topic Terrified
Update. Dr. Decided to do the CT scan first. Came back that I have a huge mass on the base of my bladder. Whatever that means. Going in this coming Wednesday for the cystoscopy. Remaining positive.

5 years 1 month ago #56893 by hwestonp
Thank you so much! God bless you for your encouragement. I have decided in my heart to go through the process and keep my faith in God. I will post when I get the results but either way, you am encouraged. God bless you and your family.

5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #56892 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Terrified
Either with good or not so good info coming you are on to your way with answers! IF it is bladder cancer it is beatable and treatable as evidenced by our posters. I have learned to often take one day at a time. That is all we can control and I question that often!

A side note is my wife 30 years ago passed blood and they did all of the tests available and NOTHING was ever found. I know 2 others that still pass microscopic blood intermittently and no known cause.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

5 years 1 month ago #56888 by hwestonp
Thank you so much for your response. Although I am terrified, I'm still hoping and praying for the best. I try not to go online for answers but a friend of mine told me about this site in which I'm truly thankful for. I will update you on my results. Thank you for your concern and God's blessings upon everyone who have experienced this horrible disease.

5 years 1 month ago #56886 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic Terrified
And greetings to you too!!

It is way too early to know if you have bladder cancer. Most of us presented with blood in the urine, and/or symptoms like a UTI, or no symptoms at all. Back pain and nausea and not usually typical symptoms (if there even is such a thing) of bladder cancer.

Many things can cause microscopic or visible urinary blood, and most are NOT bladder cancer. In many cases, the cause is never found. This is why so many physicians do not even do a test for urinary blood routinely. It is possible that your symptoms might be related to the renal cyst. But please remember that we are not doctors and our guesses are as good as yours.

After the urologist does a cystoscopic exam he/she will have a better idea of what you might or might not be facing. If there is suspicion of a bladder tumor you will be scheduled for a TURB (transurethral resection of the bladder) which is sort of cystoscopy under mild general anesthesia. As much of any tumor as can will be removed and it and samples of the surrounding tissue will be sent to a pathology lab for analysis. ONLY AFTER THE RESULTS OF THE PATH EXAM ARE BACK (and this can take a week or so) would you have a firm diagnosis...is it cancer? what grade and stage?

At this point all we know is that you have some unexplained symptoms and your doctors are doing everything they should to come up with a possible diagnosis, which may very well NOT be bladder cancer.

Good luck!!

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne