Vh9246 wrote: Dr told us cis which didn't penetrate the bladder stage 0. so I assume his stage was TIS..although dr never said TIS to us.
I've only been dealing with this for a few months, so I'd welcome any other words of wisdom.
My Staging quote below is from Cancer.org. Seems even in the medical field there's a disagreement into CIS - is it Cancerous or not. I guess for those who say it's not Cancerous (pre-cancerous), CIS would be stage 0. For Cancer.org and others, it has it's own stage of CIS Tis (Bladder Cancer).
With my Doctors advice and treatment, it's a life time of care and observation and I've come to the point of giving up on terminology. I've got Cancer and I'm fighting it!
• T0: No evidence of cancer
• Ta: A non-invasive papillary (finger-like) tumor
• Tis: A non-invasive flat carcinoma (carcinoma in situ)
• T1: Infiltration of the lamina propria
• T2A: Infiltration of the inner muscle