Here we go - CIS & BCG

5 years 1 week ago #57293 by Vh9246
Replied by Vh9246 on topic Here we go - CIS & BCG
Thank you, I am putting a call into his dr tomorrow. Mybetriq is very expensive if it were working that's a different story. His sphincter is good dr told him to do Kegle exercises. Thank you for your time.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 1 week ago #57288 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic Here we go - CIS & BCG
Have you discussed this with his doctor? Myrbetriq is usually prescribed for an overactive bladder, which can be a side effect of BCG ----i.e. urinary urgency. If he finished BCG in November, he should be pretty well healed from any irritation it caused and may not need Myrbetriq any more, if that is what the doctor prescribed it for. "Tiredness" is possible with this drug, but is not listed as one of the primary side effects.

Your husband needs to discuss this with his doctor to see if it is time to discontinue it. He shouldn't do that without talking to his doctor.

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

5 years 1 week ago #57285 by Vh9246
My husband was done with the BCG treatments in November and has had two clear scopes since then. His dr did one at6 weeks then one three months after that. These will continue for two yrs then twice a yr after that.
He was put on Mebtriq I am in belief that medication is makeing him tired. He was tired during the BCG but now that he's on Mybetriq he just sits down on the sofa and dozes off.
Any one have any input about Mybetriq?

5 years 1 week ago #57274 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Here we go - CIS & BCG
Regor,

Thanks for the updates. Everyone learns from our experiences. While no fun BCG is doable. And, anytime it felt bad I kept telling myself if this is the worst it is worth it! plus this is much better than chemo.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

5 years 1 week ago #57266 by Regor
Replied by Regor on topic Here we go - CIS & BCG
Wow, time has flown by. I completed my 6th week of BCG, the Induction phase is over !!
I am now in the hurry up and wait phase for my next scope, to take place in May.

My experience with BCG -
A headache for 24 hours after expelling BCG (each week)
Fatigue, each week, and growing by the week. The day of BCG and the next day, I had naps up to 4 hours long.
Fever, hit after 5th treatment, went over 102, and lasted from 24 hours after BCG, and didn't break for 3 days.
Just had treatment #6 yesterday, and fever went up to 100 last night, and over 101 now.
Resting and keeping an eye on it. Looking forward to bladder healing for a while.

TURBT Jan 2019; Diag: CIS
Induction BCG (Mar 19) /Maint BCG (Aug 19)
TURBT Nov 2019; Diag: CIS
Repeat Induction BCG - Jan 2020 Complete

5 years 2 months ago #56773 by Vh9246
Thank you Jack. That is basically what their told us but no one likes to be inlcontanent. My husband will get scoped again in March I believe this is every 3 months for two years then once a yr after that. As long as the scopes are good as they have been then we will get through this.

Thanks again for your response.

Vivian

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne